Are there any known JW doctors?

by 4mylove 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mulan
    Mulan
    If I remember correctly.."Mulan`s" Dad was a Doctor...OUTLAW

Yes he was. GB flew here to see him about once a year. He had a huge practice, about 60% JW. He went to school after becoming a JW, after leaving the Navy. No one ever talked to him about higher education. He went at night for years and years, starting when I was about 4 or 5. But that was a long time ago. Things change in the Borg.

Dad passed away in January 2006, at age 92, happily not a JW.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Mulan, thanks for responding. I've sent you a pm.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Why! How can a whole hospital have this in place. I can understand a physician but the whole freakin hospital? Thanks for the info. Good to know.

It may not mean that there is no blood in the hospital.

About nine years I needed surgery and set out interviewing various surgeons practicing out of different area hospitals. One doctor was particularly kind, candid and informative. I mentioned the fact that I knew Tarzana Hospital to be 'bloodless' and he agreed that it was. Then, to clarify, he asked me if I thought that 'bloodless' meant that they do not use blood at all. 'Yes', that was my understanding.

He explained that in actuality, this is a marketing ploy - of sorts. In reality, when a hospital is classified as 'bloodless' it just means that any/and all proceedures *can* be performed without blood if the patient and physician choose. There are surgeons on staff to cover all types of surgeries without blood but there are quite a few docs who still use blood regularly. The 'bloodless' treatment is merely an option when seeking care at a 'bloodless' facility.

-Aude.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I was taking spanish lessons from a pioneer elder once. His family had done all sorts of missionary work. He told me when he was in South America somewhere he became close friends with a doctor and the doctor had trained him. He told me he was a medical doctor unofficially. How naive was I?? I was soo impressed. Young. Dumb. Much smarter now!!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit