Personal experiences...

by *summer* 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

While being a JW for many years, it did not kill my belief in God, Christ, etc. but only helped it! Also, the nice thing about 'personal experiences', they are things that really happened to people. Whereas we can argue doctrine all the time, coming to no conclusion, who can argue with me if I say I experienced this and that?

Does that make any sense? Ha.

Outaservice

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    great job god, now show me how you would communicate to me.....oompa

And Jehovah said, "Umm....how much clearer can this get?"

• yknot
    yknot
    did your personal experience with the JWs also kill your belief in Jehovah, Christ, and the Bible?

No, but it did confirm my observations of men and their interpretations of Jehovah, Christ and the Bible.

Men are imperfect, their interpretation, are just that, an opinion. Until Jesus comes and sets-up his kingdom, no man, no organization, nor any human being will achieve "true worship". I think it is all about heart condition, and earnest desire for Jehovah and his will. God provided us with Jesus, through Jesus we have the Word of God, we have the mediation to God, and we have the redemption to God. Yes, while it is good to have Christian fellowship, the WT was never orginally intended for anything but a topical supplement to studying the Scriptures. Instead all revolve around it, and it's publishing firm, as it has set itself up as mediator to Christ and Jehovah for the masses.

(1Cor 7:23) "YOU were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men"

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

In my case it was the other way: I read the whole Bible and everything fell like a house of cards.

• JK666
    JK666

*summer*,

I have been here for 3 years, and spent most of the first 2 lurking. When I found out about the UN/NGO fiasco, I knew for the first time that everything I believed was a sham.

I have been working on my own concept of what God is, and am comfortable with that. I have a strong aversion to all organized religion personally, but if it works for others that is fine.

JK

• JCanon
    JCanon

My absolute personal experience with the WTS has been mixed because of my own issues. But from a standpoint of believing in the Bible, because they were so education oriented (like the Mormons and 7th Day Adventists), I developed an appreciation of the Bible from a "practical" point of view, aided, of course by an extreme prejudice against the world of "higher education" which I was brought up to believe was under Satan's control. I have since adjusted that viewpoint more specifically, but that initial faith in trusting the Bible has carried through for me. So in that way the WTS was an incredibly positive experience.

Generally, speaking, I think that those who leave the WTS seldom get really involved in any other Christian religion because the average witness just knows too much; more might end up becoming non-believers in the Bible itself or have a watered down view that it is "inspired," etc. I still believe the Bible and still believe the WTS is the best Christian religion, doctrinally speaking.

JCanon

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I think if you study the bible as much as JWs do, you wind up being a true believer or not believing anything. I got some distance from the org. and realized I didn't believe any of it - not the bible, not religion, none of the doctrines, don't think there's a god, it's OK with me not to have any answers.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am with Hortensia on this one - I don't really know what to believe anymore! I think I believe in God, but I don't have all the answers and I don't feel like I need them either, for now!

I am definitly allergic to organised religion in any form!

• *summer*
    *summer*

thank you much to each and every one of you for taking time to comment. your beliefs, no matter what they happen to be at the time, are invaluable information for me. at this point, i still believe in the bible. and the passage mentioned by yknot hit me like a ton of bricks...{1Cor 7:23} "YOU were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men" {a verse that has never been used in my study so far...wonder why*} yes BlackPearl, how much clearer can this get???:-) when the JWs first got in touch with me, it all seemed so simple. now i realise that so much is asked of them. i was raised as a roman catholic and never went to mass. now, do you really think i feel like going to 5 meetings/week + field service + assemblies, and what not??? where will i find time to live??? anyway, i digress here:-) thank again to you all...and God bless*

• *summer*
    *summer*

btw...just ordered "Crisis of Conscience" will see what happens...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit