W.I. Mann

by maplaza 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• badboy
    badboy

I DID IT BY TYPING IN JESSIE MANN INTO FAMILYSEARCH.

I HAVE HAD NO LUCK WITH CT RUSSELL.,HOWEVER.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene
    In 1885, W. I. Mann was listed as Vice President of the Society. He wrote one further article in Aug. 1888, Reprint 1052, "Letters to Our Children," refuting the Trinity, and signed it, Papa, W. I. M. That seems to be the last of his contributions. We do not know how the editors missed the signature Papa, but they did and it slipped into the Tower. It must not have set well with Bro. Russell, and it seems to have ended Bro. Mann’s contributions. The last thing we needed was a titled Papa among us. This information does not disqualify what Bro. Mann had written, but is submitted merely to show Bro. Russell did not necessarily concur with Bro. Mann’s thoughts. Certainly, not the title Papa. http://www.revelation-today.com/CrownsGolden.htm

~Merry

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene
    According to the California Death Index, Charles William Mann was born on 1/4/1879 in Pennsylvania (whose mother's maiden name was Lansing, i.e. Sarah Lansing) and he died on 12/3/1943 in Los Angeles, California.

Leo, did you notice the Lansing confirmation in the 1880 census? Living with Wm J and Sarah Mann (and Charles W) was a Josie Lansing!

~Merry

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Whoa, that's a pretty good confirmation! :)

• maplaza
    maplaza

Now, thanks to everybody. Thanks for all these informations you have shared

I can add something about W.I. Mann... it is a small information but I think nobody has given it until now.

The name "W.I. Mann" appears in the introduction of the hymnbook "SONGS OF THE BRIDE" as a reviewer and arranger of this collection of hymns. This was the first hymnbook published by Rusell in 1879. Then, Mann, not only collaborated with WatchTower journal, but also with this hymnal.

This was the reason why in my first message I asked if somebody knew more about his musical knowledge.

Yours

maplaza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit