The appendix does have a function

by BrentR 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Es
    Es

I havnt had one for over 10 years so what function it does have I havnt missed it.

es

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Es have you looked in a mirror lately??? :-) Pope

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

The appendix is part of the lymphatic system - it is lymphoid tissue and produces white blood cells. Medical folks know this - urban legend has yet to catch up. Why is it that losing your appendix doesn't seem to make any difference? It's because the lymphatic system is elaborate and complex with redundancy built in so that if you lose part, the rest still functions and can protect you. The spleen is another example, it is a giant lymph node for the blood vessels. It can be removed, and you can survive, because other parts of the lymphatic system still exist. Same is true for tonsils.

This is my focus of interest, I have been studying it for years - the lymphatic system is very interesting.

• Priest73
    Priest73

And just think. They had to pick mine out in pieces several years back. who'd a thunk it?

• oompa
    oompa

I still find it amazing all the bile excreted from the Appendix in the NWT!!!!!....pissed....oompa

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I had mine removed when I was 12, If I hadn't I would have died because of infection. I remember being very, very sick.

I'm glad they took it out and I don't miss it. My gut is fine!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit