Uniting American Families Act

by eisenstein 16 Replies latest jw friends

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Dear friends,

I am posting this for a close friend who is very involved in trying to get equal rights for everyone including marriage for homosexuals. We have talked deeply about spiritual things and how we both escaped mind-controlling cults. It is an informative letter for everyone, not just homosexuals, but for every person who cares about equal rights. You can also visit www.hrc.org to get more information about this.

Dear Mr. Edwards and members of the John Edwards campaign for President,

During the last week in July I was exchanging emails with your campaign headquarters, asking for clarification on Mr. Edwards position on the rights of non-heterosexuals to marry and enjoy all the benefits our society confers upon married couples, including immigration rights. At first your office was communicating with me, but you weren't giving me direct meaningful answers to my questions and concerns. When I persisted and tried to get you to answer me precisely, you stopped replying to me. From that, you demonstrated to me how your group values certain classes of American people. So I asked you to remove me from your email list. But you continued to send me your solicitations for money. Why should I support Mr. Edwards' campaign when he, like candidate Hillary Clinton and her husband, apparently lack the courage and heart to uphold our Constitution and the Bill of Rights for all American citizens, and will likely never defend and protect my God-given inalienable rights, because I am homosexual!

I yearn to experience and enjoy the deep life's fulfillment that can be gained through the spiritual commitment of marriage to the one whom I love, as well as the health and financial benefits that result from a spiritual union that's legally recognized by all levels of my society. Civil unions and domestic partnerships are NOT equal to marriage, Mr. Edwards. They're just another insulting piece of stinking trash thrown in the face of non-heterosexual people who have been abused for centuries! Do you know how disgusting people appear when they insult us to the nation with their apologies that we can some day enjoy civil unions, but not marriage? What people like that are saying is we're another type of human being; too inferior to be eligible to partake of God's institution of marriage. Who are they to impose their own ancient religious or moral codes upon us and use that to deny us our happiness and security? You should not be playing God's role, especially if you are running for the elected office of President of the United States.

I've lived 4 years separated from my beloved who lives in another country. If I had to, I would sacrifice my life for him! The emotional, physical and financial drain on our lives because we cannot live together, is unfathomable. Our love for each other is genuine and deep, but we cannot be married or live in the United States together, contrasted to the old heterosexual men who commonly seek out their young foreign brides for sex and other forms of gratification, when these poor abused women likely don't even love them. But yet that's completely acceptable because it's a man and a woman thing, and they can live "happily ever after" in the "land of Liberty and Justice for all" in only a few short months. My love with my life partner is beautiful and it is profound. But now, after four years of trying to find some kind of solution to end our separation, I'm facing a total disruption of my life; leaving my parents who have no one to help them if I'm gone, my livelihood, and my country, to live in another country like Spain (God bless and strengthen the King of Spain for his righteousness) who welcomes us, because political leaders like you Mr. Edwards, Senator Hillary Clinton, former President Bill Clinton, Governor Mitt Romney, Dr. Alan Keyes and Congressman Ron Paul, etc., continue to support the status-quo of hateful, illegal laws created to put the screws to non-heterosexual families, to "throw [us] under the bus" and run over us!

In a previous email, I asked your campaign Mr. Edwards, why you haven't openly declared your support for the passage of the Uniting American Families Act? Will you answer that question? Will you show us that you care more about defending the equal rights for all Americans than you do for gaining the power of the presidency of the United States? As I said in my previous letter, if you do, I will support you.

I wish all of you the very best that life has to offer!

Thank you for reading this. Perhaps it touches you or someone close to you.
    Kim

• kwr
    kwr

Don't forget about the polygamists!

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Polyamory, kwr, polyamorry. Polygamy is usually practiced in a form of male headship, whereas polyamory allows for multiples partners for women as well.

I don't know if that was meant as a joke or not but just putting it out there. bBsides there are poly families out there beliee it or not and they aren't mormon or a particular religion or anything.

But there is a big difference between LGBT rights and the rights for multiple partners- which 'God' shouldn't mind since he allowed it for a little while for some reason...

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What about bisexuals rights to have both a husband and a wife? Why should they be forced to choose between one gender, especially if they believe they were born with the capacity to love both? Just kidding y'all

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    What about bisexuals rights to have both a husband and a wife? Why should they be forced to choose between one gender, especially if they believe they were born with the capacity to love both? Just kidding y'all

Well, then you're talking bygamy, polygamy or polymory sort of stuff ain't ya?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yep I guess

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Funny how lots of folks want to fight for 'rights' they infer can be found within the penumbra of an appendix to the Constitution, but deny the 2nd amendment even protects a right of everyday ordinary people, and repeal the 1st amendment through so-called campaign finance reform.

Not naming names or parties, both sides are pretty red-handed here.

Just saying is all.

RD

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

RollerDave, I wasnt being serious, I was playing "devils advocate" (I hate that term but anyway) Im very pro gun and as for campaign finance reform, I dont really have a strong opinion either way.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Personally I'm all for bisexuals have both a husband and a wife. 'Cause like you could be "with" one while the other is working or doing something constructive. Like cooking or fixing something. more work geets done...

What?

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

FYI, the above... total joke. Read it and the sarcasm didn't come through like usually- sorry! Kinda low today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit