French TV and JW child abuse

by twinkletoes 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Investigation: “Sects: children under influence”

Channel + proposes, within the framework its box investigation, Monday October 8, 2007 at 8 p.m. 55, the document “Sects: children under influence”.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us The cameras penetrate in the secrecy of several sects established in France.

The authorities estimate that more than 8000 enfants< placed under the influence of these religious groups would be in danger.

In spite of the discretion desired by these organizations, the journalist Stephan Haussy succeeded in observing many problematic situations.

He went to powerful Témoins of Jéhovah.

But it also managed to infiltrate in the middle of “Tabitha' S places”, a singular extremely closed community.

There, it observed and deciphered the daily newspaper of followers with which one affirms that they are installed within a paradise for the Christians.

The question of the way of life to which the children are compelled is tackled without turning.

Monday October 8, 2007 Did anyone get to see this programme? Any chance of it being translated into English? thanks Twinkletoes
  • fokyc
    fokyc

Hi Twink! & KT

Quite a bit here with translation available:

http://www.silentlambs.org/France.htm

fokyc

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Thanks FOKYC some of the pages didn't translate into English, unless it was me being impatient. Here is one page that translated ok, but now that I've pasted it here, parts of it have reverted to the original language. Canal Plus - Lundi Investigation - Sectes : enfants sous emprise Canal Plus-Monday-Investigation Sects: children under influence

CANAL PLUS / "LUNDI INVESTIGATION " CANAL PLUS / "MONDAY INVESTIGATION"

DOCUMENT EXCEPTIONNEL DIFFUSE LUNDI 8 OCTOBRE A 20H50. DOCUMENT EXCEPTIONAL DISSEMINATED MONDAY OCTOBER At 8:50 p.m. 8.

Chiffre à peine croyable : en France, 80 000 enfants seraient en danger dans des sectes. Turnover hard to believe: France, 80,000 children would be in danger in sects. C’est un numéro exceptionnel de Jeudi Investigation que CANAL+ propose le 8 octobre 2007, en première partie de soirée. It is an exceptional number of Investigation Thursday that CANAL + offers on October 8, 2007, in the first part of the evening.

En 75 minutes, ce documentaire, réalisé par Stéphane Haussy et produit par Story Box Press, nous plonge dans l’univers caché des sectes. In 75 minutes, this documentary, directed by Stéphane Haussy and produced by Story Press Box, plunges us into the hidden world of sects. Dans les Pyrénées, Tabitha’s place, une communauté fermée vit à l’écart du monde. In the Pyrenees, Tabitha's place, a closed community living outside the world. Officiellement c’est un paradis pour fervents chrétiens. Officially it is a paradise for devout Christians. Mais la réalité est tout autre... But the reality is quite different ... Nous avons réussi à partager leur quotidien pendant quelques jours en caméra cachée. We were able to share their daily for a few days hidden camera.

Notre journaliste a retrouvé une famille d’anciens adeptes et recueilli leur témoignage exclusif. Our reporter has found a family of former followers and their testimony obtained exclusive. Les enfants eux-mêmes racontent pour la 1ere fois. Children themselves are telling for the first time. Des enfants coupés du monde, non scolarisés et qu’on maltraite au nom de Dieu. Children are cut off from the world, we are not in school and abusive in the name of God. Une prison sans portail. A prison without portal. Car pour les enfants, pas besoin d’être enfermés pour subir une pression psychologique... Car for children, need not be confined to undergo psychological pressure ...

Près de 50000 enfants seraient concernés au sein des Témoins de Jéhovah, une communauté ouverte au monde. Nearly 50,000 children are involved in the Jehovah's Witnesses, a community open to the world.

Au cours de notre enquête, nous avons également découvert des affaires présumées de pédophilies qui n’auraient pas été signalées aux autorités et seraient gérées par des comités de justice interne. During our investigation, we also found cases of alleged pedophiles that have not been reported to the authorities and would be managed by committees of justice. Là encore, les victimes, mineurs à l’époque, racontent ce qu’elles ont subi mais fait nouveau, d’anciens responsables des Témoins de Jéhovah en France et aux Etats-Unis expliquent comment la hiérarchie des Témoins de Jéhovah leur aurait demandé de ne pas parler de ces affaires. Again, the victims, minors at the time, tell what they have suffered, but again, former leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses in France and the United States on how the hierarchy of the Jehovah's Witnesses would have required them to not to mention those cases.

Voir en ligne: Investigation - Sectes : des enfants sous emprise -Canal Plus . See online: Investigation - Sects: children under grip -Canal Plus.

• fokyc
    fokyc

This program is to be repeated this coming Friday, perhaps we have someone in the South of UK or within reception distance (France, Belgium,Netherlands or Luxembourg) who could watch and report on this?

Television Program:
    Sects: children under influence

Friday October 12 2007
    at 16:46 (French time)

Duration: 84 min
    Encrypted

This documentary is interested in the sectarian groups by approaching the case of their younger members.
    Indeed, in France, 8.000 children are thought to be in danger in sects.
    In 75 minutes, this film plunges into a world which wants to be secretive.
    Stephan Haussy inquires at powerful Témoins of Jéhovah (Jehovahs Witnesses), but its investigations also lead it in the middle of Tabitha' S Place, a closed community in The Pyrenees, officially a paradise for enthusiastic Christians.

fokyc

• fokyc
    fokyc

bttt

fokyc

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I don't have TV, but I just gave the link to this thread on a French-speaking xJW forum, in case someone has seen it and wants to tell you more.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

This came up on my google alerts a few days ago, and I've been trying to translate or find much more to the article. I want to post it to a site where witnesses post, but the minute they know it came from Silent Lambs, they shut down. I need the original news story. Narkissos...could you PM me and let me know if someone on the French site can give more details?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Here's the link to the French thread (on Jacques Luc = motema bolingo's forum): http://tjquestions.niceboard.com/Le-Phare-f5/Sectes-enfants-sous-emprise-t349.htm

So far nobody commented after watching the program (unless I missed something).

• blondie
    blondie

You have to login to get access.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry blondie I forgot. Go to the main page http://tjquestions.niceboard.com/index.forum and register (free), then you can access the thread (hopefully).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit