Questions For Those That Entered the Armed Forces After Practicing JWism

by R.F. 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Franzy, I agree with you - I don't think what the military is doing is about terrorism - it's about Bush's buddies who are in oil. But, I wish it was about terrorism, because I think the world is really in danger from these wackos. And the people in the military believe they are serving their country. Their intentions are good.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

As a result of my work, I am engaged in many ways with the military. In fact next Wednesday I have a meeting with the top Land Forces Commander for the Province to discuss many of the partnerships we have.

Working at the military base in Kingston Ontario especially has been enlightening and rewarding. I have walked away with so much respect for the men and women who serve. Of the dozens killed so far in Afghanistan I have known and worked with 6 of them and felt the loss when visiting their families afterwards. Kingston also runs training for the Blue helmets (UN) primarily for those going into UN Policing Campaigns. I've ended up meeting military personnel from dozens of countries who were attending this training.

I was honoured to have been 'coined' by one regiment. They presented me with the Regimental Coin, traditionally given only to those in the ranks of that unit.

I am now too old to seriously consider this as an option but with the amazing humanitarian work being done by the Canadian Armed Forces it would have been something I would have considered if I were still in my 20's. I gave those years being a soldier of the Borg <sigh>.

Uzzah

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Uzzah,

Keep up the good work.Good on yer as they say around these parts.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

It's not the military but, my husband is realizing his secret lifelong dream of becoming a police officer, attending an academy locally. He is not working, I am supporting us both along with some new debt as a result of school, it is a sacrifice for both of us. Interestingly, anti-terrorism training is a big (and relatively new) part of his training.

Over 2 years ago as we were just on our way into our 'fade', I told my parents that my husband wanted to be an officer, and they emailed back to me, 'oh no! he'll be part of the world that will persecute us, try to stop us from preaching and throw us into prison'

. . .they are not retarded, o no, not at all. . .

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Terrorism will not be defeated militarily.

Terrorism is born in frustration and in fanaticism.

Eliminate the root of the frustration and educate away the fanaticism and progress will be made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit