FLU SHOTS

by REBORNAGAIN 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

The only problem is the CDC's own data does not show them to be effective. I linked the article in an above posting. Thier data shows that the percentage of deaths from influenza each year has not changed since flu vaccines came out. If they were only moderately effective we should have seen a drastic reduction in deaths.

• horrible life
    horrible life

The ADA considers amalgam fillings to be safe. The dental community, only has amalgam material, and composite material and gold to fill in holes, that have decayed in a mouth. There are certain areas, in a mouth, that take on tens of pounds of pressure. A composite material filling, if large, and encompassing several surfaces of a tooth, can not withstand this pressure, and will break.

A amalgam filling is the filling of choice in these cases. If you at this point, do not want the "safe" amalgam filling for $150.00, the dentist will smile, a very wide smile, and tell you that they can Crown the tooth, for a cost of $1000.00 ++.

If you find a dentist, that tells you, that your fillings are making you sick, and they need to redo everything ever done, RUN!!!! They need to pay their child support, or want a new car. They don't have enough business, and want your money.

I agree, that we need a new substance besides amalgam and composite, or even gold. Somebody invent it, please. It has been tried, and failed. Keep trying. Until then, don't get ripped off.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I've gotten them every year for the last 7 years at the advise of my Doctor. I have a weakened immune system and it keeps me healthy all year, hardly even a sniffle! I get mine this Saturday can't wait!

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Mrs. Eagle is an RN and is required to get one each year. When we lived in another state the clinic she worked for allowed her to give me the shot herself. I have no idea what she did differently from other nurses but when she injected me I never had the soreness or pain mentioned above. Now that we're in Oklahoma I have to go to my PCP to get one, which I still do because I've had the flu and don't want it again.

I just read the info above on the mercury and I guess I should get on the horn to my PCP and tell them to order me up some non-mercury vaccine. Speaking of which, why in the HE double hockey sticks does anyone HAVE to request non-mercury vaccine? Why don't they just make all the vaccines that way in the first place? I have a history of alzheimers in the family and think about aluminum getting into my brain ( what little there is of it) now I'll have to consider mercury also. Yay!

• BrentR
    BrentR

I had all of my amalgams removed 10 years ago and my dental insurance covered all but $90 of the bill. The composites have held up great for me.

Several years ago on the tv program 20/20 they had people with amalgam filings chew gum for 20 minutes then they measured the mercury gas levels in thier mounths. The amounts exceeded safe limits to the point that if a building had those levels it would be condemned.

It's all about making informed decisions and not always based 100% on what a doctor or dentist may believe in. The doctors don't always agree with each other on many topics. From what I have read about mercury toxicity I did not want it in my mouth. My daughter's pediadontist refuses to use them on any of his patients. All four dental clinics in my small town will not even have it in thier office.

Dental clinics in WA state are required to have mercury traps in thier water drainage system to keep it out of the enviroment. How can it be safe for humans but not safe for the fish?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    The ADA considers amalgam fillings to be safe

Of course. But it has been banned in a number of European countries already - since abt 2000 I think. I asked a dentist friend about it also and he maintains that its approved for use here and therefore safe. Hmmmm...but apparently it arrives and leaves the dentist office as a hazardous material/waste product. My sister in law was one of the unlucky ones with a mercury reaction - she's just spent the last 20 years in the house, unable to work, crippled up and for the most part bedridden. I still say, if it arrives with a warning for those handling the stuff, and if it has to leave as a hazardous waste product, then putting in anyone's mouth is a recipe for disaster. I'm hoping for the best in the long run since I have some of them myself.....sammieswife.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Thimersol allows the use of multi-dose vials which is cheaper (ie more profitable) then single dose vials.

MSDS for mercury

Potential Health Effects
    ----------------------------------

Inhalation:
    Mercury vapor is highly toxic via this route. Causes severe respiratory tract damage. Symptoms include sore throat, coughing, pain, tightness in chest, breathing difficulties, shortness of breath, headache, muscle weakness, anorexia, gastrointestinal disturbance, ringing in the ear, liver changes, fever, bronchitis and pneumonitis. Can be absorbed through inhalation with symptoms similar to ingestion.
    Ingestion:
    May cause burning of the mouth and pharynx, abdominal pain, vomiting, corrosive ulceration, bloody diarrhea. May be followed by a rapid and weak pulse, shallow breathing, paleness, exhaustion, tremors and collapse. Delayed death may occur from renal failure. Gastrointenstinal uptake of mercury is less than 5% but its ability to penetrate tissues presents some hazard. Initial symptoms may be thirst, possible abdominal discomfort.
    Skin Contact:
    Causes irritaton and burns to skin. Symptoms include redness and pain. May cause skin allergy and sensitization. Can be absorbed through the skin with symptoms to parallel ingestion.
    Eye Contact:
    Causes irritation and burns to eyes. Symptoms include redness, pain, blurred vision; may cause serious and permanent eye damage.
    Chronic Exposure:
    Chronic exposure through any route can produce central nervous system damage. May cause muscle tremors, personality and behavior changes, memory loss, metallic taste, loosening of the teeth, digestive disorders, skin rashes, brain damage and kidney damage. Can cause skin allergies and accumulate in the body. Repeated skin contact can cause the skin to turn gray in color. A suspected reproductive hazard; may damage the developing fetus and decrease fertility in males and females.
    Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
    Persons with nervous disorders, or impaired kidney or respiratory function, or a history of allergies or a known sensitization to mercury may be more susceptible to the effects of the substance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit