Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

by jgnat 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yum Turkey!!!

I really do have much to be thankful for this day.

BB

• TheListener
    TheListener

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm making a pork roast for dinner, with scalloped potatoes, and a vegetarian curry with potatoes, cauliflower and chick peas, some carrots and a salad.

Between my girls and me we've baked three desserts since 8 am today: pineapple upside down cake, apple strudel squares and an orange crunch topping bundt cake. We've outdone ourselves in the baking department today. I haven't baked this much in one day since I was asked to make desserts for a Kingdom Hall Quick Build.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians! Have a wonderful day, eating, sleeping, eating........

nj

• free2think
    free2think

Happy Thanksgiving

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm making a duck, stuffing, garlic mashed potatos, mixed veggies, butternut squash, cranberry sauce, and a pear cheesecake for desert.

Which reminds me, I'd better get started on some of this stuff.

W

• *summer*
    *summer*

happy thanksgiving to everybody on my side of the border. oh! what the heck! happy thanksgiving to all!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wow, sounds good. I won't be cooking for thanksgiving this year, for the first time in years. I'm not sure how I feel about that, especially after reading what you are cooking! But I am having relatives to visit the Sunday after thanksgiving and I'm thinking of doing a pork roast with onions and sauerkraut and beer in the crockpot, a salad and some mustardy vegetables - mustardy vinaigrette that is.

• sosad
    sosad

Hortensia (sp- sorry) what is your Pork/kraut/onion and Berr recipe - sounds like a great slow cooker feast!

and happy Thanksgiving to all- esp any lurkers that HAD Turkey this week-end that most assuredly WAS NOT for Thanksgiving

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's not really a recipe. Layer sauerkraut on the bottom of the crock pot, then sliced onions as much as you like, then the pork roast (I like pork shoulder). Pour a bottle of light beer over everything and put on the lid, turn on the crockpot, and away you go. Rye bread, mustard, vegetables go well with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit