Hello to all of my friends, it's been awhile....

by LyinEyes 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Dede,

Great to hear from you. Glad to hear that you have been busy with life. It's great!

I think of yall from time to time - good to know that you're still around.

Like you, I've been busy. Got myself hitched last year to a wonderful lady. Went to Vegas to do it. *wide grin*

Take care - and say 'hey' to Denny fer me. I still have his list of 'pickup lines'... the first two got my face slapped.

Regards,

Jim TX

• mouthy
    mouthy

So good to see you back sweetie. Very happy to know you & Wild Turkey are still pressing on.
    As you know this old bird> ME cant seem to get unaddicted to this sight....It is my family now ((((HUGS) Mouthy/Granny/Grace

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

HEY lyin eyes

so good to hear from you!
    I wondered how you were doing.

Glad things are going well, hang around.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dede,

I've missed you & WT (Wild Turkey, that is). Thanks for coming on board today and letting us know you're doing well. We had such fun back in the early days of this board! But it's really good now too.

- Jeff

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dede, how nice to see you. Has it already been two years since your sister died? Wow. You can catch up on me if you look at my topic history under Andy's car accident. Love you and glad you're back!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Dede, I have wondered how you are doing. , MAy I echo FHN's thoughs I hope that you won't leave it so long again. it is good to hear from you

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome 2..Welcome Home Dede!..Tell Wild Turkey "OUTLAW say`s Hey!"...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey dede

here is a bit of a thread i recently posted

I knew lyineyes and WildTurkey as online JWs and went to hear WildTurkey hear him give the special talk one year as an elder. Back then online they were Rot and Dede.

theotherside is a good friend of mine, has not posted much here(WildTurkey was bestman at his wedding), RF and nvrKssdNobutt, all people I knew as JWs that I eventually met up here.

I miss dawg too, his name pops up on my msn messenger daily, i say hey and no response, so I think its the the twins online. Will you day hi to him for me and i wonder how he is doing.

purps

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hey Dede, I'm sorry to hear about your sister.. I hadn't heard and I understand why you have been withdrawn from us..

although we miss you a great deal.. and have much love and HUGSSS for ya..

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am so glad to hear from each and everyone of you!! I am finally coming around to getting back to some of the things I used to love, grieving and healing and just adjusting to life after my sister was an adjustment . I have missed talking to others and I wonder how many new ones are leaving the WT and are in the same place I was a few years ago, just leaving WT.

I have thought of posting many times, just to tell new ones who are hurting, who are confused, about the whole JW thing, that life is wonderful, it is real and it is worth the pain that you feel at first when you decide to walk away from it all. You have to go thru the pain to get to where you want to be. But , it will not hurt forever. In this case I think time , does help heal.

My kids are well adjusted , the two younger ones, don't remember much about being a JW, and they are beautifully independant free thinkers. When they get mouthy with me , have purple or pink hair , saggin' pants etc. etc. I remember how I was never allowed to express myself and I smile, because they can.

My oldest son has more memories of JW , he was 15 or so when we left . He was able to play high school football, date a few girls before his steady one now, dances, all the fun country boy things they get to do on these red dirt roads. I am sure I only know about some of the stuff he has done!!!!! Now he is 20 and has settled down a bit , he is a rock to me when his Dad is working out of town.

I still have dreams of the JW days, I still miss the ones who will no longer speak to me . Sometimes when I dream of being at the KH , I realise that I no longer belong there, and I walk away ok with my decision. I used to dream that I wanted to go back, I would feel so lost and sad. Now those dreams are alot less and the lost feeling is gone. Some things in life, you live thru, you move on but there will always be saddness with these kinds of things. And I have just learned to live with that and to put it in perspective of all the good things I have now.

I hope to stay around a little bit , catch up on what everyone is up to, and I hope to reply back to each of you as I have time to get to my turn at the computer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit