Why do we race

by John Doe 10 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

when the end holds less than the beginning? We wantonly murder seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, millenniums, generations, and lives, yet we continue running. We fear stopping. Ironically, the faster we run, the closer we come to the ultimate stop.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    the faster we run, the closer we come to the ultimate stop.

Yea the ultimate equalizer....got to love it...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Running

faster and faster

to my destiny

out of reality

into fantasy

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hmm, if everyone lives the same fantasy, does fantasy become reality?

• JK666
    JK666

Because speed is fun!

JK

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    does fantasy become reality?

im beginning to question that myself

purps

ps, can you get tickets to the razorback football games?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Student tickets are $7. I don't know the details.

• watson
    watson

Cool topic!

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I haven't got Space figured out yet but I do Time.

Step 1 : One must clear their mind of as much thought as possible.

Step 2 : Now try to think of a holiday that you truly enjoy and look forward to. This holiday should be at least one month away. Now concentrate as hard as you can on this holiday and it's associated great times. Tell yourself you wish the holiday were tomorrow and think about it all day. Repeat this excercise daily until the holiday arrives. Toward the end of the excercise will notice how remarkably long it took the holiday to arrive.

You have slowed down Time because it was on your mind all the time; your perception of it anyway ,which really is just as good. ( like the old saying, a watched pot never boils) Since Time is one of those very personal things, we might be able to train our minds to slow down everything around us.

Remember, perception is reality.( And if you want someting to happen quickly just do the opposite.)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Why would we want to slow time? Wouldn't it be better to enjoy each moment we're living?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit