Is America unofficially a theocracy?

by Madame Quixote 13 Replies latest social current

• oompa
    oompa

I guess so.....did anybody see Pelosi talking about how she prays for Bush/VICTORY for US troops and our children......tooo funny....I just love a deer in headlights.....oompa

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    Why should anybody discuss something with a bunch of bigots? The people who call Christians "fundies" obviuosly already have their minds made up.

JeffT, I don't know who called Christians "fundies," at least not in this thread. I certainly did not; however, I must point out that the term 'fundamentalist' applies just as well to extremist Muslims as to extremist Christians. Those who believe a country should be a theocracy fit into that extremist category, in my estimation, but not all Christians think or act this way.

No personal offense was intended, but if the shoe fits, feel free to wear it. In answer to your question, why argue with a bunch of bigots? Because someone rational cares enough to be bothered with rational answers, and wishes to model more desirable and humane attitudes for the children of all the bigots. After all, modeling is important to children, and the children of bigots could use a variety of better role models.
  • dogisgod
    dogisgod

Gopher, That is the point I was making. There never has been a "theocracy" and unless it is the "purist form" it is just another sham at control.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

oompa, I love Marty Feldman!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit