Hick Lawyer is a jerk. Period.

by MadTiger 13 Replies latest social current

• MadTiger
  • TheSilence
    TheSilence

I think it's funny, actually. If you've done so many crimes, been arrested and found guilty so many times, that you have put yourself into a position to be held for 30 years over a donut... well, who do you have to blame but yourself? And chances are very likely that there are several times or better that he was not caught for each time that he was.

Jackie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Seems excessive.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

It's not the businesses that pay for his continued theft, it is you and me.

Jackie

• John Doe
    John Doe

You all are missing the point. He assaulted the cashier. Had he only stolen the donut, the charge would not have been nearly so severe. I say kudos to the lawyer for doing his job correctly. If that means he's a jerk, then so be it.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    You all are missing the point. He assaulted the cashier

Actually, I thought about pointing that out as well... except he admits to stealing the donut and the assault is one's word against the other. I tend to believe it happened, but at this point it's the attorney's job to prove it.

Jackie

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Watch these real depositions. And the court reporter is supposed to write down every word that is being said. Sometimes my job is challenging.

This one almost degenerates into a fist fight; Joe Jamail, billionaire Texas lawyer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxmrvbMeKc

The deponent and friends go nuts in this one. The black guy attacks the videographer at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTdkteV1hbQ&mode=related&search=

Sometimes you can't understand what the witness is saying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZbMntIU_v0&mode=related&search=home%20train%20love%20part%20%3F%3F%20music%20kitty%20tales%20jump%20dossiers%20pets%20anime%20hot%20technology%20science%20drift%20hsv%20kiss%20regimebald%20maso

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

30 years for pushing a cashier? Even if true, which seems to be in question since he denies it and nobody seemes to have said anything about catching it on camera, I still think it's excessive.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Did the link point to the wrong article? The one I read was about a guy that assaulted a woman after attempting to steal a donut. A grand jury decided that he needed to stand trial. Where is the part about the lawyer being a jerk?

A grand jury agreed with police on the strong-arm robbery charge. County Prosecutor Wendy Wexler Horn said that it was "way too early to know how it is going to play out" but that the charge seemed appropriate given the allegations. She was aware that some people seemed shocked by the case.

"People are missing the point," Horn said. "It is not about the doughnut."

The prosecutors comment is not anywhere near the actions of the DA in a recent case against the Duke lacrosse players. Now THAT guy was a jerk.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Guys, 30 years is the maximum sentence for the crime. It's not the prosecutions job to set the sentence--that's the judge's responsibility. The prosecution simply fits the facts to the crime to determine the charge and then proves his case to a jury. He has nothing to do with the sentencing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit