The Elders came by yesterday.

by Save My Soul 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

If the buzz on the "annointed generation" is a fact, that will be the first "light" to ever be plausibly true.

However we clearly got some time still left in this system.......

Make sure you son gets a college education.....

Hope he has a great time playing on the schools teams, memories like that are golden........

I agree, HS is for memories!!! He is Fresman HC prince and he loves it!!

I had a Friday night book study my senior year. Totally Miserable, I missed everything. I was baptized at 13, so when I said my son will not get baptized until he is 18, they were clearly offended. If my wife was not kicking and pinching me, I would have been honest. The things we do for love. If she had a DF husband, she and the children would be ostracized, so I acquise.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    That should definately raise some red flags! If this is really God's chosen organization, why all the changes?????

Because the end is closer than it was 5 minutes ago.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Save My Soul,

The end is close, I need to come back to save the life of my family

This is another one of their stupid death threats to scare you into going back to them with your family. They are so disgusting in their cultish tactics to try to control with fear If they come back again ask them to look up the scripture in their own bible about how their god supposedly views a false prophet. I think the scripture is in Deuteronomy 18 something. Maybe someone here know's which scripture this is. They get all offended when they are called false prophets.

ARoarer

• Honesty
    Honesty

This puts their FEAR FACTOR to rest, once and for all:

I will hold accountable whoever does not listen to My words that he speaks in My name. But the prophet who dares to speak in My name a message I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods — that prophet must die.’ You may say to yourself, ‘How can we recognize a message the Lord has not spoken?’ When a prophet speaks in the Lord ’s name, and the message does not come true or is not fulfilled, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Deuteronomy 18:19-22

• parakeet
    parakeet

save my soul wrote: "The end is still near."

That's the one JW doctrine that never changes. The end has been near for more than 100 years, and if the WTS survives long enough, the end will be near for the next 100 years.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Isn't it interesting that when the Jews saw the Romans camped all around their city, they fled to the mountains and waited only..................4 years, not way over 100!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want you to go back now so you can waste the next 100 years screeching around telling everyone how the end is about to happen. And you will grow old, heavy of heart, knowing that you could have easily accomplished something worthwhile had you not gone back to that dump. I bet that if you left it indefinite and then not show up at the Kingdumb Hell, they will be wasting their time looking for you.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Attendance is down all over. They are playing the end is near card again to get attendance up. It's always been a numbers game with them.

When the C.O. comes he checks the numbers and percentages as a litmus test as to how the Elders are doing with the flock's attendance at meetings and in the field service.

Numbers determind the spirituality of the Elders and congregation. It has nothing to do with the end is near. It's all about do more do more then do more. Get those numbers up for the next Yearbook.

Blueblades

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Okay, something I don't follow: So Jesus said that when you least expect it, then, BANG! But then he turns around and gives you a "sign". So, you're going about your merry business, and you see THE SIGN. But wait, there's more! Now that you've seen the SIGN, you're expecting IT, so it cannot really be IT. But you saw the SIGN for IT. I think the Late JC was smoking something.

I look at it this way. The fact that humanity has reached this point of massive growth and global domination, along with accompanying instabilities, would have happened sooner or later due to our physical and cultural evolution. It won't last, but that's besides the point. The predictions of long dead religious writers were vague enough to apply by shear coincidence to many periods within the last 2000 years and probably on into the future. Modern civilization may eventually crumble, but neither Yahweh nor JC will be there to pick up the pieces for us, though I suspect that "Christianity" will continue to evolve in the coming centuries to imply that they did.

Dave

• bennyk
    bennyk

yeah -- "the End is near!"

or: "deliverance is at hand!" (here I shamelessly plug an old thread. )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit