The Elders came by yesterday.

by Save My Soul 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

The loving elders came by and asked me to come back to the hall with my family. They sincerely believe that the end is near. These changes are evidence of it. Wow!!!!

One mentioned that there have been more adjustments in the last 4 years, than in the preceding 40 he has been in the org.

The end is close, I need to come back to save the life of my family.....yada, yada, yada................

The end is still near.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

So.....are you going back?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh... my...

so... he sees "more adjustments in the last four years" as being a SIGN that the light is getting brighter and brighter, instead of seeing the light that they are scrambling to cover their asses to wriggle out of false prophesies and needless deaths? He thinks that proves they are the TRUE religion instead of realizing he has lived a lie?

Honestly the way the mind twists things and rationalizes never fails to amaze me.

Erg.
    Baba.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Ask the elders (if they come back) if the Society has admitted to making failed prophesies yet.

Ask them if they have yet apologized for blaming the brothers and sisters for ''making up the A date of 1975'',

and for ruining countless lives who gambled & lost potential children, retirement funds,

and who are now old & penniless because of believing this date.

Tell them, when they apologize and start showing humilty becoming of true christians,

and get rid of the shunning policy of disfellowshipped ones, & the 2 witness rule, (enter your pet peeve doctrine here), etc,

then maybe you would consider going back...unless of course you are sick of religion and/or god altogether.

(since I don't know if you are)

just my

• Warlock
    Warlock

Ask the elders (if they come back) if the Society has admitted to making failed prophesies yet.

Ask them if they have yet apologized for blaming the brothers and sisters for ''making up the A date of 1975'',

and for ruining countless lives who gambled & lost potential children, retirement funds,

and who are now old & penniless because of believing this date.

Tell them, when they apologize and start showing humilty becoming of true christians,

and get rid of the shunning policy of disfellowshipped ones, & the 2 witness rule, (enter your pet peeve doctrine here), etc,

then maybe you would consider going back...unless of course you are sick of religion and/or god altogether.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL SOONER SEE THE VIGIN MARY ON A POKER CHIP!!!!

NICE JOKE, E.

Warlock

• eclipse
    eclipse

exactly warlock!

They would get the point then that he is not going back.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Your list DID piss me off though.

Warlock

• eclipse
    eclipse

Sorry was not my intention to piss off anyone, but I know the feeling, I got ticked while writing it.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, Jesus said that the end would come at a time that people would think not.

(Matthew 24:44) 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

(Luke 12:40) 40 YOU also, keep ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming."

(Revelation 3:3) Therefore, continue mindful of how you have received and how you heard, and go on keeping [it], and repent. Certainly unless you wake up, I shall come as a thief, and you will not know at all at what hour I shall come upon you.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's that proof? Manufactured changes? Poop on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit