Did you get a little pressured to get baptized young?

by outofthebox 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Honez
    Honez

Middlemen

That is in fact true, there is no other way to god than through jesus.

but jesus delegated responsibility to the disciples and his followers to spread his teachings.

What would jesus have to say about those people on earth who said to his disciples hey we dont need you we know best and thats through jesus, How would you be able to stay spiritualy sane without any support from the christian congregation where would your connection to god be, the bible says it self to stick to the congregation.

so yes indeed they are the middlemen because they are there to help and support you and offer you what you need and provide that connection to god via the bible,

but yes there is no one but you jesus and god when you approach god in prayer and by no one else will you have life but these, but this doesnt mean you disrespect the system and arrangements put in place by our heavenly father

• XOCO
    XOCO

I've always felt the pressure to get baptise by guilt in our hall we had the brothers and PO give talks about it and said that u are blood guilty, wont inherit gods kingdom and the list goes on and on if u don't get baptise it seems like ever little step i make someone in the hall wants me to go forward and pioneer or missonary. but now people have knd of backed off of me which feels great!!!!!

• Honez
    Honez

For people who were told they will die or smited, this indeed is put bluntly and im sure anyones point of view is horrible, when you were told this did you write to the governing body of jehovahs witnesses? did you write to the watchtower? and ask them because they are the true source,while elders are appointed by a body they are also imperfect and make errors, when you are told horrible things of death by parents that is not the organizations fault the fault lies with the parents handling of the facts this only shows that they lack tactfulness,

referring to this as a gunman and a bankteller is completley inappropriate you are not threatened to be killed by anyone you are warned that your course of action could lead you to become harmed just as a weather warning is sent out to people who are continuing to ignore it even though are storm is coming.

sad reality is people scorn it and people say nah wont happen wont happen we will be okay but the truth is the storm comes and takes there lives, how much would their viewpoint have changed on the situation if they had a chance to change their path im sure they would. but youve only got one chance

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome to the board, honez and XOCO. Honez, I am curious how many religions you checked out before you decided the Witnesses are the closest to God. I find the Seventh Day Adventists, for instance, to be much more scrupulous in their application of bible principles.

• Honez
    Honez

While i have not sat in each church and studied with each i have sat in a room with people from catholics to seventh day adventists to mormans and have heard the fundamental beliefs there religions are based on.

Seventh day adventists follow the sabbath and yet when jesus came along the sabbath was no longer needed to make atonement for sins and saturday is not a day of resting because it was done away with when jesus came along while they scrupulously follow most things in the bible they miss the main message and purpose of gods will by following little things like that, that are no longer applicable,in bible times people had their hands cut off for stealing but that law was replaced just as the sabbath and saturday or sunday resting day that some religions follow.

• 5go
    5go

yep age 20, 9 years before I wanted too! If it was good for Jesus to wait, it was good for me too.

• anewme
    anewme

I was 17 and my 17 year old friend from HS studied with me. She pestered me to get baptized at the 1972 Circuit Assembly as they were called. She pestered me and another girl she studied with to get baptized on the same day. She had a party planned at her house that night.

On the day of my baptism I had doubts and expressed these to her. I did not fully believe in Satan. She threw a tantrum of sorts and began crying and pulled me over to an elder to talk with me and convince me to get baptized. When I told him I had doubts and felt unworthy he said " Well, if we wait until we are perfect to get baptized, then we never will get baptized." Somehow that calmed my fears and I caved in to the pressure of the crying pioneer.

Right after I got baptized she dumped me as a friend. I was too stupid to see it. I just thought she was too busy pioneering.

By the way, about Satan, I never did fully believe it all.

I really was more interested in happy family life than all the scriptural trivia.

Anewme

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Oh yeah, it was get baptized or find other living arrangements. I got dunked!

nj

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Yes, in order to get married in the kingdom hall one must be baptized! I got baptized but did not get married to the man!

• Honez
    Honez

1972 was a long time ago so much progess has been made since then so much in depth studys has brought the religion to a better understanding and the sort of pressure has changed todays its mainly your parents but if your parents force you thats their error but above all you must still follow your parents rules to a reasonable degree, but i definitely say that it has changed since what the 70's LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit