What other cutbacks for WTS can you suggest?

by OnTheWayOut 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

And make a new light study article on why tithing is still important for "true Christians". Slant the article to make ones feel that the more they give, the greater the blessings from Jehovah....It's an easy sell.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

None of you came up with:

Put the Governing Body members on an iceberg and let it float away, leaving them in God's Hands.
    Think of the money that would save in healthcare.

Ideas to get rid of all the kingdom halls, I like.

I was really looking for serious ideas that THEY WOULD CONTEMPLATE.
    Like: Sell half the Kingdom Halls and crowd 5 congregations into every auditorium.
    Decare the preaching work finished and now continue only with a warning work (leaflets).
    Rent the Assembly Halls out to other groups.

• Scully
    Scully

I'd recommend cutting back on bull$h!t, but it's the only thing they manufacture.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Cut-backs only mean larger profits (less expenditures for production) No, we need something better than cut-backs. How about penalties from the government if printing productions exceed 1 set of rags per year????

LINDA

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Eliminate the Writing Department: Just paste and copy from last CD!

?

I thought they already did that, and just changed the titles of the books
    and watchtower articles.

• journey-on
    journey-on

The sad thing is the publishers probably think all these cutbacks mean "the preaching work is winding down" as the

end draws nearer and nearer.

With less and less people coming into the fold, instead of facing the truth that they can now research this crazy cult

and avoid being sucked in, the publishers are probably thinking that the separating of the sheep and goats is almost

coming to a close.

Less and less literature is needed because it's all coming to a close soon. The FDS is providing just the right amount

of spiritual food in due season. We don't need as much because the end is ALMOST here......(suckers). The WTS

will have an answer for anything that happens negatively.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The society has assets in the billions of dollars. I am sure they are looking for ways to remove the assets from the religion. There is no money in selling magazines. The money is in investing. The risk is the many lawsuits from unhappy and abused followers. So seperating the assets from the risk of unhappy followers is the ultimate endgame.

To do this they have to keep the flock busy, but at as low of a cost as possible. Meetings are inexpensive and tracts are the cheapest form of literature they have. While the minions are running around staying busy they then have the ability to focus on the real goal of asset preservation.

• uninformed
    uninformed

My suggestion is that they should drink their own damn Kool-aid.

Brant

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    focus on the real goal of asset preservation

Instead of preserving assets, could they just be keeping the minions busy while
    they spend the assets at their "friends' " Buick dealer or Paper supply house?
    At businesses that will remember the favor?

Perhaps, they are spending it to keep it from the lawsuits. I have no proof of
    kickbacks, but it is a common thing in politics. There is no bigger politics than
    religion.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OTWO:

Put the Governing Body members on an iceberg and let it float away, leaving them in God's Hands.

They would drown....global warming and all...

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit