Wine drinkers

by golf2 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• golf2
    golf2

How many on this forum enjoy drinking wine or beer? On what occasions do you drink wine or beer? What does it do for you? These are start off ?'s

Golf

• greendawn
    greendawn

I drink wine and beer usually at the end of the day shortly before sleep. I am amazed how many different flavours can come out of the same variety of grapes, they vary from country to country and region to region even locality to locality.

One vineyard produces Cabernet Sauvignon that can sell for $30 a bottle and another just a few hunderd metres down the road one that can only sell for $5.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I like a nice Chardonnay. Beer I hate unless it's dranked the Bavarian way. 1/2 & 1/2 - Dopplebock & Cocacola and a shot of cherry flavored liquor. NO JOKE...it's actually quiet tasty. they call it a "Goass Moass" I rarely drink any alcohol. One bottle of wine is in my fridge for 6 mos usually. I think it's just my way of wanting to avoid becoming an alcoholic. I have/had a few family members who were/are.

LINDA

• Nowman
    Nowman

I love wine but I avoid it because it makes me bold and brazon, not that I mind a good buzz, but I can have 2 glasses of Woodbridge Chardonnay and be completely blasted! Red wine makes my stomach gurgle the next day. Me no drink wine anymore.

Nikki

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I drink one to two glasses of wine each night, it relaxes me and I enjoy the taste.

nj

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

Wine gives me the worst hangover in the world the next day-can't get out of bed....so I stick to beer, and only on the weekend-never if I have to work the next day.

LIG

• golf2
    golf2

I thank everyone for their 2 cents. Right now, I'm drinking a soft white wine called, ' Ancient Coast' Chardonnay, it's my first time, not bad. I also drink other flavoed Chardonnay such as 'Fleur Du Cap'. Hey, each has to their own taste. Now, the ? is, what does it do for you?

• sir82
    sir82
    Wine gives me the worst hangover in the world the next day

Hint: If the words "MD 20/20", "Thunderbird", or "Ripple" appear anywhere on the label, that's likely your problem!

On a more serious note, I've heard that "wine headaches" can be caused by allergies to the sulfites that are added to nearly all wines as a preservative. Try looking for organic wines which do not have them.

• Open mind
    Open mind

If I'm reading a book while eating liver and fava beans, I prefer a Big Amarone.

If I'm watching the movie-version of the book with the same menu, I like a "Nice Chianti".

Open Mind

• delilah
    delilah

I like a good glass of wine....every now and then...weekends usually. Wolf Blass, especially...but that's only on "Special" occasions....or when Mary comes to visit.

Robert Mondavi is also a brand that I like, and recently I have found a really great Merlot from a local winery that is awesome.

I like beer and ales as well.....I love Guinness, 80 Shilling, Newcastle, Old Speckled Hen....you get the picture....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit