Pics from Meh-hee-ko

by Jourles 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Just got back a few days ago from Mexico. Third year in a row(we really need to go somewhere different). Stayed down in Tulum for a week and then back up in Cancun for another 4 days. I've posted the usual pics from years past and thought I would throw up a few different ones - ones that you don't usually see that often. My latest drive has been wanting to do more with night photography. Anyways, here are a few from the several hundred that were taken...(all of the water pics were from my wifes camera taken in an underwater housing) None of the pics were cropped or altered in any way. They were taken straight from the camera and only resized for the web.

Looking from the reef back towards the resort(Dreams Tulum). This location is about 200 yards from the shore. The water only gets to around 6-7 feet deep out at this point.

Part of the reef which you can swim out to.

I think they were hungry.

The central chamber of the spa at Dreams Tulum.

The beach area at the Tulum archaeological ruins.

This guy was funny. He was eyeballing me wherever I moved. Kind of reminded me of the Dramatic Prarie Dog.

This is one of the courtyards at Dreams Tulum. It was taken around midnight. Just as an fyi, it's not really this lit up(it's much much darker out). I used a 50mm f1.7 prime lens with the aperture fairly opened up, WB manually set for the Tv and Av, and a several second shutter time. It takes a lot of finesse to get night shots to look good.

The tallest pyramid on the Yucatan peninsula - even larger than Chichen Itza's. Plus, you can climb it, unlike Itza. It is called Nohoch Mul and is located in Coba.

The view from the top looking down. My calfs were burning by the time I got to the top. I thought I would be a tough guy and do a quick stair-step to the top. Trust me, a very unwise thing to do(esp in that heat and humidty). And I'm even in great shape... If you miss a step going up or down on this bad boy, you're going home in the cargo hold of the plane, if you know what I mean.

Our hotel back up in Cancun(Dreams Cancun). It's also the only hotel in Mexico where you have dolphins in the resort. They are in the lagoon area right next to the lower pyramid section.

View from our room at night.

The dolphins right below our balcony(they had 6 total). They didn't have them available for the "experience" due to a couple of the males vying for dominance. But the trainers would still go out three times a day and have them do their tricks.

Was able to get this couple dancing under the gazeebo. This was taken around midnight.

Just a different angle of the gazeebo taken late at night with the moon diffused behind the clouds.

We had our trip narrowed down between Ireland and Mexico. We ended up going with Mexico because I had heard that Ireland had received an ungodly amount of rainfall over the summer. Something like 60-70 straight days of rain - during the "warm" season! Oh well, we probably will hit Ireland next year regardless of what the weather will bring. I'm just dying to go over there!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Jourles:

Thank you! Great pictures!

Nevada-

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Great pix Jourles!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

NICE!

Not only a beautiful place to stay, but well-shot pics.

What, no pics of the toilet?

lol.

RD

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hope you saw the cenotes too.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

AWESOME

I can see why you keep going to mexico

thanks for sharing

purps

• erynw
    erynw

bee-you-tee-full

• juni
    juni

thanks for sharing those Jourles.... absolutely beautiful. I love the moon picture.

Juni

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Loved the pics!

Thanks!

BB

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Cool pics, now I feel the need to go somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit