Star Fallen from Heaven ... Christ? Revelation 9:1 Study this Week

by jgnat 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The locusts in Joel present a very BIG problem in relation to their explanation. Of course, they view themselves as the locusts (Jehovah's army) and Christendom as the apostate priests that the locust attacks and stings via the preaching work. However, Joel 2: 25 says this: "And I will make compensation to you for the years that the locusts, the creeping, unwinged locusts, and the cockroach and the caterpillar have eaten, my great military force that I have sent among you."

So, is Jehovah going to make "compensation" to Christendom for the preaching work?

Justitia

• jgnat
    jgnat

We deserve some sort of "compensation" for those Saturday morning wake-up calls! Besides, who wants to be compared to a locust?

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Study/Locusts/locusts2.html

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would like someone to photoshop the Revelation shot of the "stinging locust" head...complete with manly bearded features, womanly hair, and lion's teeth (all faithful to the Revelation description by the way)....on top of a Witness suit.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

And that is why I am not a JDUB, when I read that Revelation book and they claimed Jesus was Michael, another angel, and strong angel. Let us just add a fallen angel from heavens!

Jesus never fail from heavens! He is King of Kings of everything! He was given power to give anyone he wants the keys, including Peter. So who really knows why this angel has the keys to open up the abyss. I going to assume it was Jesus who gave the angel a key, because Jesus was made higher than the angels.

On the flip side, a JDUB will say that Jesus can do what he wants meaning taking on other forms! Now does that make any sense that Jesus would need to take on an angelic form?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Very interesting indeed, Jgnat... and yes... thank you for all of your typing!

Baba

• JCanon
    JCanon

You are correct. It is very apparent that this star that falls from heaven, the angel with the key to the abyss is none other than Jesus Christ. But this is consistent with the time when Jesus returns to the earth in the flesh, the second coming. That is, the time when Satan is kicked out of heaven is also the time Christ returns to the earth. But since I suppose witnesses don't think Jesus will literally return to the earth in the flesh, contrary to what the Bible says and proving they are indeed part of the "antichrist" (1 John 4: " 2 Y OU gain the knowledge of the inspired expression from God by this: Every inspired expression that confesses Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God, 3 but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s [inspired expression] which YOU have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.").

Obviously, Christ hold's the key to the abyss and controls it and eventually casts Satan into that abyss.

Interesting passage. You wouldn't believe what the locusts and the army really represent. So I won't bother telling you. But all this was fulfilled after Christ returned into the flesh in 1992.

Again, the important thing of note (and thus THANK YOU) is that the concept of Christ falling from heaven to earth doesn't compute unless you realize this represents the time of his second coming and that he does reappear in the flesh. Even so, an objective reading clearly shows you who this star and angel is, as you note. The 5-month period is from November 1992 through March 1993, basically, just in case you were wondering...

Thanks for this post!

JCanon

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Tell us about it! man! We had to go and hear all those weird interpretations. Surely, the study overseer is wondering why we didn't comment and just read from the Bible. Trust us, he doesn't want to hear what we have to say.

And what about the paragraph regarding the generation of locusts! Crazy.

We.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Page 13, paragraph 3 explain last day prophets! I guess that includes false prophets. Hmm, I need to look this up again do they think they are the locust or the tails going door to door stinging the nations for 42 months. Good job holding on to that Watchtower because that is a crazy one. If you think about it who really is coming out of the abyss! Why would God send his people door to door who come out of the abyss! God people are not from the abyss! See the Revelation It Grand Climax Is At Hand.

They also claim going door to door is marking people to rightousness and if people do not take the WT/AWK they go off to judgement to Jesus! Man With the Secratary Inkhorn. Are they taking the place of Jesus? by judging people to rightousness!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Jgnat, I saved that picture Where did they get that thing! It looks like a woman with a brest plate and horses legs! What the heck! I threw away my book. That is the stangest demonic picture! Do you know where the society borrowed that ugly picture?

DEMONIC LOOKING! It really does not look like God's people! hmmmmm! any comments out there!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

They'll stretch anything to fit their bizarre 1918-19 years...

And it's also funny how they have to work around the locusts coming from a smoking abyss...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit