My mind won't shut off !

by Maddie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't think men become perimenopausal, they just make dumb mistakes without thinking it entirely though.

and I might add, they do it their entire lives, not just certain times or phases

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Take two tokes of pot and call me in the morning.

Yeah, what he said

nj

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Be honest with your doctor and ask for help. Depression can take many forms. You might need some help getting your body back into a healthy routine and that will help you deal with your thoughts. Nothing worse than being exhausted and stressed at the same time.
    <br><br>I take half a Melatonin if I need to get some quality sleep. Or a gravol if I really need some sleep, but it leaves me really groggy in the morning. I still have bouts of insomnia when I am stressed that began many years ago in high school.

I also play tetris on my son's gameboy before going to sleep, something about those falling blocks just totally relaxes me.
    <br><br>Take care and keep us updated, we are here to help.
    <br><br>Bobbi

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Maddie, what you're feeling is very normal, its a condition called "OMG I'm free. Now what?"-itis.

I cycle through similar episodes although lately they don't last as long, maybe a few days at a time instead of weeks or months. I found that the more I distanced myself from the WTBS the worst it became. I almost considered going back and just living the lie so that I could feel "normal". But after reading several threads on JWD, I realized that I now needed to replace the void of the WTBS with real life. Getting involved with local charities and doing things I actually enjoy has helped a lot. Maddie, I don't know how long you've been out of the borg but leaving it can put you in a state where you begin to question everything from your sanity to your own existence. As JWs we were so conditioned to live for the distant "new world" that living in the "now" can be very overwhelming and just plain scary.

Also, while we're recommending books..."The Four Agreements"...helped me in my journey. Its a simple read but helped me realized that I've made agreements with myself that needed to be removed.

BTW, its amazing what donating your field service clothes and hitting the mall or a few boutiques will do for the human spirit.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I went to see my doctor today and had a good talk with him about the way I am feeling. He has given me anti-depressants which should also help my anxiety, and help me to sleep better. If I don't feel better after a few weeks I have to go back and see him again.

Thank you to :-

Phophecor, Hortensia, Changeling, Elsewhere, Return visitor, Blueblades, Jwfacts, Flipper, Purplesofa, Rebornagain, Dedpoet, AK-Jeff, Lisavegas, Oompa, Mentalclearness, Ex-nj-jw, Bobbi, Shopaholic

I am going to take the advice that some of you gave me - reading the book "The Power of NOW", and write down my thoughts and feelings in a jounal. I don't know if I will be able to meditate at the moment but perhaps one day.

I am not free of the borg yet, I am trying to "fade" because of family. I find it very stressful as I have said before because of not being honest and living a double life. I so much want to be rid of the borg completely.

Mr Flipper - You and Mrs Flipper sent me a lovely post. Thank you for being so caring and saying I could PM you.

AK - Jeff - Your "Big Hugs" poster was what I needed !

My love to you all Maddie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

great news Maddie

btw love your avatar

purps

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also believe that time is the best healer that will eventually erase all problems that you have. What about some social life outside the JWs that is really useful for expressing emotions for venting otherwise locked up energies can become disruptive.

Being part of this online community helps a lot but real life contact is even better.

• Maddie
    Maddie

greendawn - Yes, you are probably right. I seem to be very preoccupied with life's problems so need to try and get interested in other things that can give me some light relief. A friend of mine plays golf and she says that when she gets out on a golf course she forgets everything else that's going on in her life. It sounds like wonderful therapy. I love anything to do with history - once went to see Pompeii in Naples, Italy and found it a wonderful experience ( excluding the terrible tragedy that happened there). To be able to walk through a town that is 2,000 years old and experience what is was like then was incredible.

Maddie

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Hi maddie, I just wanted to give you some hugs. I'm going through much of what you described. Know that you aren't alone.

(((maddie)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit