Making Santa Fe home...with pics...

by wanderlustguy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Well, it's been a week now. still getting used to being alone somewhere. And it's not like I moved with a company or anything, I don't know a soul. My mother and brother are an hour and a half away, but other than that...NADA.

But...it is beautiful here and the pace of life is somewhat slower. Once I get my business up and running (already working since last Tuesday), I may start to piece together some semblance of a social life. Until then I'm making do catching up on things here and there, and taking in the scenery...

alt

alt

alt

• changeling
    changeling

Nice! Don't get your car stuck in that river now!

changeling

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Beautiful pictures, honey.

How are you doing?

• prophecor
    prophecor

What a wonderful place to be yourself, by yourself. Take a deep breath bro. Enjoy your world.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

that's pretty bold - just moving somewhere without a network of some sort in place. Good for you - hope you find some friends and activities soon.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Wanderlustguy,

New Mexico is my favorite place to visit. I used to live there as a kid, in Abq.

I still go there once or twice a year and ride my motorcycle all over the state. I want to live there so bad I can taste it.

Your pics are great. Thanks.

By the way, about an hour north of Santa Fe, thru Espanola, there is a little town called, Ojo Caliente. It is the BEST hot springs in New Mexico and I assure you if you like to soak, you will love it.

Brant

• nowisee
    nowisee

10,000 waves at about 11 pm is also great. enjoy.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    By the way, about an hour north of Santa Fe, thru Espanola, there is a little town called, Ojo Caliente. It is the BEST hot springs in New Mexico and I assure you if you like to soak, you will love it.

I pass through it when I go visit my family, they live in Taos. I'll have to make a stop.

10,000 waves is on the list for my congratulations gift after a couple of goals are reached.

Thanks for the tips!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Congrats on your move and new business!

BB

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Donny~ I can't believe you made it there. I am soooo homesick. OMG. You just made me cry. No joke.

10,000 waves is on the list for my congratulations gift after a couple of goals are reached.

Six and I went there last year and I really want to go back. I miss my home. To me that is where it is. But, my kids, my love, and my job are here. Go figure? I hear an apostafest at Wanderlust home. Oh yeah...next summer right. Camping at the basin? Or a Xmas ski trip? That would be a blast. Santa Fe Basin was always where the JW's went on XMAS day because the lifts were empty and what else was there to do? I spent many a winter flying down that slope. Wonder if I could still do it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit