A former assembly Hall overseer

by parlay 26 Replies latest jw friends

• parlay
    parlay

had the nerve to counsel Teddy J of the GB about the unkind way things were communicated

to the assembly hall staff, citing the counsel the service department wasn't following it's own advice

they give to elders about treating the friends with kindness and respect.

Since that day Teddy J had it out for him and eventually had him thrown out of the assembly hall and

disfellowshipped. This happened nearly 5 years ago and although he has attended every meeting since

and submitted numerous reinstatement letters, his request have been denied without explanation.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ok I'll vote Myth.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Parlay, thats quite a story. Can you expound on that? I'm sorry if I am not familiar with who are,

Are you from Bethel? Please continue .....although I am not surprised by what you stated.

r.

• zarco
    zarco

The Service Department is very vindictive. Very forgiving to themselves and their mistakes, very harsh on others. Many Brothers get "blacklisted" from convention parts, appointments and other "privileges". I have no doubt that Ted is behind the removal as an Assembly Hall Overseer, but I really doubt that he has anything to do with the disfellowshipping or length of time for reinstatement. Those two matters are typically handled localy...... but you never know

Zarco

• parlay
    parlay

It was the Jersey City, NJ assembly Hall. The brother was an elder in my congregation.

I knew him and his wife. He had been a bethlelite and pioneer before becoming

the AH caretaker. His name is Ernest Ricketts.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha! Now they will see his name HERE and NEVER reinstate him!!!

• parlay
    parlay

Teddy may not have directly difellowshipped him, but he made sure it happened.

And no matter what congregation he has gone to, the local brothers have always been

"consulted" by Brooklyn, which has led to his reinstatement request being denied.

Interestingly, one body saw no reason why he couldn't be reinstated, until they were

contacted by Brooklyn.

• parlay
  • parlay
  • moshe
    moshe

P- It sounds like you might be intimately familiar with that person. Are you wanting to tell us more about yourself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit