WHAT WAS THE BEST EXPLAINATION DISHED TO YOU?

by enz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Veen - I guess I'm dumb, but I never thought of that before. If the eyeball is so complicated it had to have a designer, who designed god?

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Herein lies the problem. God did not write the bible. People did. People who thought that thunder is God's anger. People that thought the earth was flat. People who burned witches.

That is why I have faith, but no religion.

I was told to "prove it". So ok-show me Satan. Not a book stating it. I have said this-why does it take a book to teach behaivour? And where does it say you need to shun people? "God" absolutely would not approve people doing that. Punishment my ass!!!!

And one more thing-just who the heck made up the name Jehovah? I tell you my name. How else would you know? Has anyone ever been told by "God" what his name actually is? NO. It is simply a secular or "worldly" name . Sorry I just don't get it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think this one takes the cake: Once, I suggested that the brothers set the lawn mower height to 3" (they regularly scalped the lawn, leading to its being vulnerable to weeds and drought, which were in fact a problem on that lawn). One idiot just about ordered me to apply that suggestion in helping everyone in the Kingdumb Hell raise their children--after they as good as told me that I should not even be around the opposite sex (hence meaning I could not have a family myself), why would I even give a fxxx about helping others when they don't want me to even be around women?

And, since when is lawn care related to raising children? They are two totally disjointed topics from each other. Any advice from one field of knowledge applied to the other would be non-sequitors, since you cannot cut a child to 3" without killing it. This is the kind of "counsel" that, if that's the kind of association that my Christmas tree is going to cut me off from, I should have immediately put one up on the spot in the Kingdumb Hell (and fixed it so they would get hurt trying to take it down). It was June.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit