My nan's Funeral

by Es 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Maddie
    Maddie

I am so glad your mum was able to show her love for you in this way. My thoughts are with you Es.

Maddie

• delilah
    delilah

(((((((((((((((((((( ES )))))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry for your loss hon. I'm glad your mom reached out to you. So she should have!! This is ESPECIALLY a time when families need each other, without any interference from a f*#@$ed up religion! Thinking of you.

Delilah

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((((((((((ES)))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so glad that you have the support from your hubby's family. My mother-in-law has been more of a mother to me than my own, and I love her dearly! Despite being a JW she is a wonderfull person!

Take care of yourself!

nj

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I am so sorry for your loss Es...my heart is also breaking for your mom. I can just feel her pain of not being allowed to be near you, once she saw you the need to touch you outweighed the reaction of the JW's in the room, including your dad. Give her that...she loves you. What a stupid, cruel, heartless religion.

Leslie

• sweetstuff
  • anewme
    anewme

Sorry for your loss Es.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Even the Watchtower & its old men in New York, can not stop the love between a mother & child or a grandmother & grandchild.

Grief takes many months, and sometimes years. My thoughts are with you.

Skeeter

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry your Dad was that way Glad your Mum came across though.
    Now you can understand why Jesus said "Forgive them they know not what they do" They havent got a clue YET!!!!!!! ((((HUGS)))

• Es
    Es

Thank you all for your kind words.

I deliberately let them make the first move this time, as the last time I went to comfort them I got rejected. It was so good to be able to have my mum do that.

es

• 4mylove
    4mylove

So sorry hon'.

I went to a friends funeral and my mother in law pointed out that to their funerals i didn't have to wear black. I could wear normal clothes. Gee thanks mom...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit