My Belief in a Higher Power But Not in any Organized Religion

by flipper 21 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TIMBOB- Even though I believe in a higher power , I don't think the Bible was written by God's holy spirit, as we've been told. I think it is full of interesting historical happenings which some can be believed , but some might be doubtful as to interpretation. I think men wrote the Bible of their own accord to help people understand God. But I don't feel it is inspired of God.

Also, I feel that God or the great spirit backs us all, personally, individually, not any organized religion. I think religion is really more a social club designed to make people feel better.

DIAMOND BLUE- I agree with a lot of what you said. Can't stand destructive organized religion also. But I do see a little of "God " or divinity in every living thing too. I feel that we are all connected on this earth and need to take care of it, and be kind to it and to each other.

MENTAL CLEARNESS- I too, feel Jesus was a good man and a good example of how to treat people. I also have doubts he was god's son. I think too, that we will always be wondering what power takes care of this planet and how much involvement he or it has towards us.

BUMBLE BEE- I agree we are all divine. We have everything within us to accomplish what we need to do in life. Thanks for all your replies

• flipper
    flipper

MADDIE- I know how you feel. I couldn't deal with going to another church, let alone the witnesses. I agree with you, I think we can search for that higher power on our own. Many people do it successfully, why not us ex-witnesses ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit