WTBCS thinks single men must be perverts?

by hamsterbait 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Do you think they are pushing marriage because it is easier for a single person to leave as there's no "strings" attached?

Kwin

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

and yet this is the same organization that almost mandated singleness in the '40s... I know. My parents went together for 10 years because of this teaching...

They also require the majority of Bethelites to be single...

so there you have it.

Coffee

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Very possible Kwintestal, or perhaps the amount of people leaving the JW's is so great, that the only way to keep up their growth is to encourage marriage and children.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Inconsistent teachings, advice, actions, counsel, punishments, etc.

BTTT for Bethel

• Numinous
    Numinous

It is important for the WT to entrap people as tightly as possible as soon as they show an interest, and many times that includes getting the newly baptised married ASAP. With marriage there is a reponsibility to 1. God 2. Your "mate" and 3. any children that may show up, making it less likely to leave. It is assumed if you are married you are all taken care of sexually and are "normal", so any perversions would be impossible. I really believed this when I was in, but I felt sorry for those in their 30s and 40s still single and feeling left out socially.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit