Questions about the rules of marriage

by Agnes 21 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Brent

I am sorry that I misunderstood your situation. However it sounds like you and Mom need to talk about your Dad's mental health. Maybe leaving is not the answer...(((only your Mom can make that decision))).....that said, your mother needs to contact yall's state human and health services. If your Dad is suffering on this level your mother may be able to have him evaluated/ committed without his consent. Yes it seems extreme but with depression and anger problems, violence usually follows eventually (((whether it be physical abuse of another or destruction of property or self ))). If this action can be achieved, usually patients are only released if they agree to state organized therapy and medications. I do not....do not believe in long term pyschiatric drugs but believe they can be useful until the underlying problem is resolved through acceptance and learning new copying skills. If at all possible have him under the direction of a behaviorist vs just a counselor. It is through behavior modification that we achieve freedom from the past.

Remember

Denial, Self-righteousness, Anger, Sadness, Release, Acceptance,Hope, Strength, Survivor mentality, and just letting it all go and no longer having it define you (freedom)

God Bless you and yours

Y

• Agnes
    Agnes

Thank you all for your responses and clearing that up for me. It's hard to imagine that a good person would be denied the opportunity to be happy, once they've extricated themselves from an abusive relationship. Agnes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit