you are the evil slave class!

by tula 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Evil Slave Class is somewhere between Economy and Business Class. It would be usual to pick this option when travelling by air to an Apostofest.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just tell him that the Faithful Slave is taking applications for Bethel Service because 80% of the Bethelites were recently DF'd for apostasy and sent home.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The one who started this evil slave talk was none other than Rutherford, he was trying to fight back his opponents during the power struggle after Russell's death. It was expedient propaganda for him to denigrate them by what appeared to have a Biblical basis and therefore more force of persuasion.

Anyone studying his history will see that he was in fact the usurper of the WTS leadership apart from being a filthy degenerate pig in every way. Certainly not an example of the FDS but rather the evil slave.

The evil slave was calling others evil slaves. Go figure.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Ask him: "In 1918 there was a talk given by J.F. Rutherford entitled, 'The World Has Ended—Millions Now Living Will Never Die'; was that the truth or a lie?"

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    'The World Has Ended—Millions Now Living Will Never Die'; was that the truth or a lie?"

Well, technically they're still alive in Jah's eyes!

• bebu
    bebu

tula, I can only sympathize. It really won't matter what you say, because this guy's brain is stuck in neutral and he thinks he's going somewhere because he hears the engine racing in park.

Perhaps you can use this guy's irrationality to demonstrate the glorious results of JW cult thinking.

Remind your friend that the Bible issues strong warnings against following false prophets and teachers, and that TESTING EVERYTHING is exhorted, so as not to be deceived. That will hopefully help him feel permission to listen to your points better.

bebu

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Okey dokey. Easy snappy statement.

"You're a smoker so you must be demonized if you can't quit. I probably shouldn't even talk to you."

lol

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

If there is no intellect to appeal to, then switch tactics.

Adopt a kindly, sympathetic, knowing air.

'That was a very well executed ad homonym attack. nothing validates one's beliefs like engaging in name-calling, you must feel so proud!'

and

'you just keep telling yourself that'

It won't change his mind, but it will irritate him to the point he wont want to discuss it anymore, thus shutting him up.

'the evil slave and the apostates falsified, blah blah...'

'Wow, that is one doozy of a conspiracy theory, did you hear it on Art Bell?'

'The wtbs doesn't get involved in lawsuits or politics'

'that is so amazing! I was just thinking the same thing! I mean, they get credit for securing our right not to salute the flag, but you, being one of them, obviously are better informed. Thanks so much for sharing your truly dazzling intellect!'

this, of course, depends on your friend possessing the wit to see sarcasm and appreciate it.

It won't seem like this will get to him, but he'll be seething inside, and puffing away.

RD

• oompa
    oompa

Tula, just got to read all the posts here, and I saw your frustration. The questions were too normal, too smart, they would work for normals but not this guy. I was trying to think of something pseudo-profound that would just make him go "WOW". I think that is what he needs whether you tell him something true or not. And you may need a lot of these because his attention span is probably 52 seconds. you could try this great idea from MegaDude:"

You're a smoker so you must be demonized if you can't quit. I probably shouldn't even talk to you."

lol

A primitive shocker statement. This is a real challenge. Also, maybe "unless you are circumcised you will never inderstan" or you could switch it aroud to say, "well if your penis is still in tact, you will never understand the Jewish writers of Gods word"

lmao.........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit