you are the evil slave class!

by tula 28 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

Say the JWs are the Evil False Prophet Class. Their history of false Armageddon dates is easily documented in their own literature.

I tried something like that. He said to my friend it was the evil slave class that started all that about false prophecies. Says they "came into being after 1975 and it was the ESC that said wtbs made those predicitions when the wbts did not."

This person is very very ignorant...no education...I have all ideas that his reading skills are very minimal and he probably just repeats what he thinks they are talking about...... however, my friend thinks he is kind hearted. I dont know. He is absolutely beligerant when he talks religion.

Seriously, there is no intellect here. I doubt he could read anything in the Bible because he is illiterate, so therefore, he does depend on the wbts/FDS to tell him what the bible says. To him it is the great light.

My friend tried to share with him his new-found info about UN. The idiot tried to tell him that the evil slave class has put that on internet. I laughed in his face. Oh, so now the UN is the evil slave class.... So he said the evil slave class has falsified that info. I told my friend "well, you saw for yourself it was the official UN website."

The idiot just went on and on. So finally I told my friend, well, if it wasn't true the wbts could sue the UN for putting out false info. So the idiot says "no, wbts does not get involved in politics and lawsuits."

So people, you see what I am dealing with here. Utter ignorance and stupidity.

Give me something I can say to shut his mouth and make him leave with his tail between his legs.

• oompa
    oompa

You could just tell him this is a very complicated religion that you dont completely understand because they change thier teaching a lot!

Also Luke 12: 42 And the Lord said: "Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? 43 Happy is that slave, if his master on arriving finds him doing so! 44 I tell YOU truthfully, He will appoint him over all his belongings. 45 But if ever that slave should say in his heart, ‘My master delays coming,’ and should start to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46 the master of that slave will come on a day that he is not expecting [him] and in an hour that he does not know, and he will punish him with the greatest severity and assign him a part with the unfaithful ones.

This passage does not use the word EVIL but it is implied when compared to the Mathew account. BOTH accounts seem to indicate that they are the same slave and the scenario is one, if they were doing things right and two, if they were being bad.

dont shoot him down play dumb and make him WORK....oompa

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Hand him an ashtray and tell him to STFU because he's a hypocritical bastard who is going to die at or before Armageddon if he doesn't quit smoking, at least that's the JW take, right?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Like Changeling said, it's apparent this JW-bystander has no idea of the WTS definition of "evil slave". If you never claimed to be anointed, you are not part of that class.

So next time he trots out that phrase, ask him to define exactly what it is, (so that you can know how to fix the problem -- LOL).

• tula
    tula

dont shoot him down play dumb and make him WORK....oompa

oompa...I know that would be good advice in most cases. But I don't think it would work here. This idiot talks so fast that he doesnt even make sense. When talking about ESC he suddenly starts talking about "all the apostles "running away" except for two of them because Jesus said eat my body and drink my blood and the apostles didn't get it---except for 2 that understood what he meant." I think I just relayed it almost exactly the way he said it. It sounded like a cannabilistic vampire orgy when it comes out of his mouth. This person is just insane. I am concerned about his interference with my friend at this point. I would like to isolate my friend from him, but right now its not possible because he is helping him with certain things for the next few weeks.

oompa, can I make you work? My brain is burned out. Give me a text to work with. The idiot has had many many years for this stuff to become ingrained...attends every meeting and probably amens every word. He would be one, but he doesnt qualify.

This idiot does not ever stop to think or choose his words...so I don't think a conversation of any intelligence would be productive.

play dumb

this would be like dumb and dumber. I just dont think I have the patience anymore. This person is not worth the effort.

I just need one good phrase to make him shut up and leave my friend alone without causing hardship between everyone. I would just like to give him enough rope so that he can hang himself. Know what I mean?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    So people, you see what I am dealing with here. Utter ignorance and stupidity

Sounds like alot of time and energy wasted on someone who wants to believe. He may feel the need to defend the wbts, since he is not able to live up to the standards to be one. Probably thinking in his mind if he does this Jah won't want to destroy him at Armagedon. If he is as ignorant and as stupid as you say, there isn't going to be much you could say to change his mind.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

It sounds like you want something that doesn't exist AND the effect you want to have on him (shutting him up I presume) you cannot control even if you wanted to.Let me explain: If you come up with a one liner that tells him "what you say doesn't count," then you really haven't achieved anything significant. first of all because saying "what you say doesn't count" is an ad hominem attack. I think you would be happier by discrediting what he SAYS, not him himself. It doesn't matter if he is qualified or not, what he says can still be true. All that being said, here's something that is full proof if you can get him to keep silent long enough. I suggest implementing the spoon technique where whoever is holding the spoon can talk, and everyone else has to listen. Also, no spoon hogging. If someone hogs the spoon, the other person can say "spoon hog!" and they have to give the spoon up.

The easiest way to proove that JWs are a false religion is to use Deut. 18:20-22.

First of all, read the scripture dozens of times over. Know that scripture and know the dictionary definitions of every single word in the two verses. then gather some quotes from the WT that deal with the 1925 prophecies and anything about Bethsarim.

Consult the book, "Spiritual food at the Proper Time' for quotes from the WT which is downloadable in its entirety on the web for free.

Then go over with the man exactly what it takes to be guilty of false prophecy according to Deut. 18:20-22. Establish that the KIND of prophesy spoken of in Deut. is specifically talking about PREDICTION (saying something is going to happen in the future.) Discuss the diffeence between (cuz this will come up whether you bring it up or not) simply making a prediction, and making a false prophesy, which is a sin deserving of death according to Deut.

Establish the criteria for making a false prophesy (easy as 1,2.)

1: Speak a word (a prediction about the future) in Gods name. (Establish here that saying that "the Bible says..." is the same as saying "God says" because the Bible is the word of God. Saying "God says" is speaking in Gods name, because it is saying that the idea or prediction comes from God or the Bible.

2: That word does not occur or come true. If any part of the prophesy does not come true, then that prophet has made a false prophesy and is by definition a false prophet. Make it clear to him that whether the prophet calls himself a prophet or not is irrelevant, it's whether the person is actually making predictions in Gods name that counts. He will try to say that the WTS has never called themselves a prophet. Actually, the WTS has called themselves a prophet (of one type or other) many, many times. but, again, it is necessary to make clear that it doesn't matter whether they claimed to be prophets of any kind or not. It's whether they committed the sin of false prophesy that counts. they don't have to admit their sin to be guilty of it.

The WTS tries to say that they were just "a bit too hasty." Make it clear once again that if they are guilty of false prophesy, it doesn't matter how they couch their sin or what they call it or themselves - how they spin it. If it fits the criteria above then they are guilty plain and simple.

Issues of the WT to use:
    Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89 (1925)
    WT 9/1/22, p.262
    WT 4/1/23, p.106
    WT 1/1/25,p.3
    WT 9/1/25, p.262

Hope this helps. I have developed this argument as a card game where the person goes through a series of cards with statements on it. If the statement is true, then it goes in the true pile. If it is false then it goes in the false pile. If all of the cards are put in the true pile, then the WTS is guilty of the sin of false prophecy. the last card should say "The WTS is guilty of the sin of false prophecy."

I hope this helps. It has never failed for me.

• tula
    tula

I don't think you all are grasping this.

This person is NOT capable of an intelligent conversation.

He is uneducated, actually illiterate, and I doubt he has much reading skill. So reading the actual Bible verse will not mean anything because he is one of those who NEEDS the FDS to interpret it to him.

His ears do not work. His mouth is uncontrollable.

He cannot reason. He is a parrot. He will even answer with phrases that have nothing to do with what you are discussing.

For some reason my friend likes this person and has known him for years. So I do not want to cause offense.

I just want to be able to make a simple statement that will make him realize the foolishness of wts and what he's saying. He seems so superstitious.

When he "quotes" scripture...it reminds me of Bullwinkle and the "Fractured Fairy Tales" segment.

The spoon idea is good, Shawn. But this person could not follow a lengthy conversation with any depth.

My problem is I do not like him trying to influence my friend with this crap or trying to convince my friend that I am trying to drag him onto the devils side.

I would like to say something that will make him feel trapped by his own words or his own actions.

• VM44
    VM44

Who can say that Judge Rutherford wasn't of the Evil Slave Class?

Or is loyalty to God determined by following whoever controls the Watchtower printing presses?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I want a t-shirt that says "say it loud and say it proud - I'm a lacky AND a toady of the evil slave class!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit