A spiritual journey - but how?

by Awakened07 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Perhaps the simplest way to resolve the great dilemma is to follow physical paths exclusively.

I believe we benefit a great deal more from science than from fiction.

Although fiction can be fun and entertaining, it can also be a mindtrap, with religious "studies" at the top of the mindtrap/entertainment list; frequently resulting in little more than rote exercises in emotionalism and/or intellectual laziness and dishonesty.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

What if the lack of "spiritual experience" were your spiritual experience?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/86016/1.ashx

• Satanus
    Satanus

The spiritual journey is not for everyone. Some people have a natural ability or desire for it. Ones circumstances play a part in whether one can do it, as well.

S

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think that meditation is opening up the mind to demons that is rather a peculiarly cultic and more particularly a JW concept. What is a no go area is ouija boards since invoking spirits is tantamount to invoking demons.

A christian invokes God or the Christ but never directly any angels (spirits) not even Holy Angels though God uses these angels to protect and help people out. It's the demons that seek to be directly invoked. As for that Christian transformative experience I believe you will achieve it if you are sincere and try enough.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    It's the demons that seek to be directly invoked.

What of those that have attempted to invoke them to no avail?

As for that Christian transformative experience I believe you will achieve it if you are sincere and try enough.

Are you serious, greendawn? You have to try to "achieve" a "Christian transformative experience"? Didn't most Christians described in the Bible simply "transform" in a moment, without effort or sacrifice?

• poppers
    poppers
    So how does one resolve this problem if one wishes to find the 'true path'? Where should I start out, and why? Why not the others? If starting out at the 'wrong' place, could it damage me beyond redemption? Or at least make it difficult to go on to the next place to find out if that was valid? If I find a path that feels right to me, should I then stop my search? What if what I found to be right was the opposite of what youknow is true? What if I found the same path as you? Should I then continue my search?

Where to start? Where you are. But the most important thing is this: find out who it is that seeks to find the "true path". Since it is "you" who is embarking on this search you must find out just who/what you are. Not to do this preliminary investigation is to remain ignorant of the most vital key and you will remain stuck in a searching mode that will continue to be a source of questions and uncertainty. Paths are for arriving at some destination in the future, and "self-inquiry" is for finding out where you are right now. Through discovering what you are through self-inquiry you will also find that all searching ends. A good introduction to this would be Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I have only one thought regarding all religions. There are a multitude of races, cultures and personalities and therefore a variety of religions, beliefs and values. I feel we each have to do what we feel is right, what is comfortable for each of us. No religion or belief is going to be perfect. And NOBODY should judge what you decide is best for YOU.

You have a good heart, keep it that way and just do good all your days and you will fare well.

My opinion!

LINDA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit