Witness Brother had baptism voided after fornication= Not disfellowshiped??

by Witness 007 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Do you know about this loop hole rule? A short time after baptism a young man I knew commited fornication but told the Elders he didn't know it was a sin, he didn't have full knowledge when baptized. His baptizm was voided and he had to study and be baptized again at a later date. {Not disfellowshiped} Years later an older Sister shacked up with a brother after baptizm...not realizing they should be married first!! There is an article on this in the Idex under "Disfellowshiping" I will try to find it. Has anyone else had this happen?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have not heard of it. Rhetorical ?- Why does the Body of elders fail so miserably to make sure their
    baptismal candidates know basic principles? Perhaps, it was a 10 year old who got baptized.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Maybe he convinced them that he wasn't "dedicated" before baptism (didn't dedicate himself in prayer first), thus making his actual baptism null and void.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Rhetorical ?- Why does the Body of elders fail so miserably to make sure their baptismal candidates know basic principles?

Scrpiturally they should not be asking them loads of questions anyway

(Acts8:34-40) "34 In answer the eunuch said to Philip: "I beg you, About whom does the prophet say this? About himself or about some other man?" 35 Philip opened his mouth and, starting with this Scripture, he declared to him the good news about Jesus. 36 Now as they were going over the road, they came to a certain body of water, and the eunuch said: "Look! A body of water; what prevents me from getting baptized?" 37 —— 38 With that he commanded the chariot to halt, and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 When they had come up out of the water, Jehovah’s spirit quickly led Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him anymore, for he kept going on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip was found to be in Ash´dod, and he went through the territory and kept on declaring the good news to all the cities until he got to Caes·a·re´a."

• Soledad
    Soledad

Yes this might be a real loophole. It happened to my cousin's husband. He was not DF but had his baptism nullified. I don't know the exact circumstances, but he apparently did something "indecent" while under the influence of alcohol. This all happened after they were married too. Eventually the marriage broke up and she ended up getting DF but not him as far as I know.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's really strange that someone that got baptised by the JWs and presumably attended many of their meetings didn't know that fornication is banned by them.

To me it sounds like a cop out perhaps he had some influential contacts that helped him avoid DFing.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watchtower index under "Disfellowshiping: Invalid baptizm" Watch 58 Aug 1st Question from readers: "One of Jehovah's Witnesses who claims to be anionted recently went to hospital and obtained a blood Transfusion, voluntarily. Should she be allowed to partake of the emblems at memorial time? ....we believe she did the wrong thing...however congregations have never been instructed to disfellowship those who voluntarily take blood The only thing that can be done ...is to view them as imature and not capable of taking on certain responsibilities...you have no right to bar this Sister from the celebration of the Lord's evening meal...."

Watch 60 3/1 p.159 "What should a congregation comittee do in the case of one who has comitted acts deserving of probation or disfellowshiping but who claims in the light of what the Watchtower 58 Aug 1st {Above} had to say about valid and invalid baptisms, his baptism was not a valid one? ....should be put on probation or disfellowshiped. If after being reinstated he is still convinced he had not made a dedication to God, now that he has repented...he should be baptised." {again!}

Apparently many brothers were using this 58 Watchtower to dodge the disfellowship bullet! Yes some I know have been baptised twice!

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

That is so weird. What ever happend to aproching Jehovah through Christ our lord and asking forgivness through the power of his shed blood in our behalf, its not baptism under water that washes away sins its through Christ.

What Mallet Heads.

• kifoy
    kifoy

FFM:
    "Maybe he convinced them that he wasn't "dedicated" before baptism (didn't dedicate himself in prayer first), thus making his actual baptism null and void."

That argument did not work for me when I DA'd :-\

kifoy

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Wow, that is a rule I did not know about!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit