by REBORNAGAIN 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I just got two words for this thread.

Caveat Emptor.

That is all

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Had I spent the time I wasted on my "Bible" study and spent it instead learning to program computers, I would have been a millionaire by now, especially in the late 1990s. And, with the time I wasted on meetings and field circus, I could have learned how to manage things to avoid the dot-com bust or at least survive it and come through to become even richer for having put in honest work while others were merely along for the ride.

I think the Watchtower Society ought to pay me the money I could have made had I worked as hard learning to network computers as I was supposed to have in the misery. I am hearing that many of the top dot-com people are billionaires, and a few are still going strong today. I could see myself having another Yahoo or Google. But, thanks to that damn Tower, I wasted all that time studying bullsxxx that has not benefited me in any way, shape, or form. The Tower has cost society another potential eBay, Yahoo, or Google. Or, perhaps the greatest antispyware company on the planet...

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

as I said, BLAME THE WTBTS.

I was unemployed for 10 mos, 3 years ago. I had over 100 resumes out there in the first 3 months and NOTHING. I figured if I had a BA I wouldn't have been in that situation. I too have a lot of gratitude towards the Borg.

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I figured if I had a BA I wouldn't have been in that situation. I too have a lot of gratitude towards the Borg.

But you can always apply to be a store-greeter at Wal-Mart. After all, the skills acquired in the Theo-craptic Misery School (eye contact, gestures, etc.) surely make us qualified to encourage people to make 'return visits' to the Wal-Mart store.

But seriously... I truly am with you 100% on this. I was in the top 2% in my high school class, and could easily have succeeded in college. Did my JW parents throw away recruitment letters I got in the mail? I'll never know, since I only remember getting one. And I was actively discouraged by the C.O. and his wife from even going to a trade school, but my dad at least backed me on that desire I had.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was IN college; made the dean's list; had been inducted into Phi Eta Sigma. I allowed an elder to guilt me into withdrawing to pursue "spiritual" activities. I was a fool.

Sylvia

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

No, we weren't fools, only manipulated and didn't have God's guidance to direct our lives as He really would have done for us. Our families would all be intact and we would all be in here raving about how happy and successful we are. The BORG...SUCKS!

LINDA

• golf2
    golf2

So, so true Linda. This is shameful, embarrassing and they supposedly represent the God of love?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit