Blame the WTBTS

by REBORNAGAIN 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

How many of you know of instances where total devotion to the Borg resorted in financial ruin?

Here is an example of what one family I knew had to do to survive:

They were a family of four. Two young children. They inherited a farm with a huge piece of property. Life was good. Then....

1. they sold the farm so that they had more time for their door to door obligation

2. they ended up selling their home, bought a Winnebago took off from Upstate NY to AZ. Lived in it a while then bought a used mobile home w.o. airconditioning (and that in 110°F summer temps)

3. they had no more money. They resorted to what they termed "Trashing" meaning, they would go to dumpsters, pick out things people discarded, sold them at the open flea-markets to have money to continue in the pioneer work. The sister told me that they even found a good package of pork chops, expiration date still good so they took it home to eat.

NOW....what kind of an example is that? What kind of reflection does that put on the WTBTS? That's how they care for their so called "SPECIAL PIONEERS"? Where they have to resort to being garbage pickers? I'm sorry, but I think the WTBTS is guilty of more than we all realize. And this family is still in the Borg.

Btw, I just spoke to that sister yesterday after 24 years hoping they were out of the Borg. Nope, and sadly, I didn't have the heart to tell her I was out, only because it would have been the last thing she wanted to hear. I only called in hopes of hearing better news, not to spread my good news which she wouldn't want to have heard anyway.

LINDA

• oompa
    oompa

unbelievable and sad. do they not have ANY other abilities?

spiritual dumpster diving....oompa

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Other abilities? Helloooooooooooooooooo...they are JW's. They have no time to develope other abilities. Don't we know it.

Btw, her husband has some major neurological health problems now and is pretty much at home 24/7.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I regret to say, that was a totally moronic thing to do they should have known that the WTS is a hard nosed org that does not help even its proven loyal members that come into financial need.

And a little disobedience eg celebrating a birthday means all sacrifices are written off at a stroke and come to mean nothing. It would be an act of folly to invest everything in that sort of an org.

They got taken in by the propaganda that serving the WTS is equivalent to serving God.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Obviously, the Borg is THEIR God.

LINDA

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTBTS children suffer the most, materially (yes, much, but the least),,emotionally extremely. About food, at least most of the homeless have some common sense to go to a soup kitchen, at least for their children. Shameful.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I remember always being told that Jehovah would NEVER allow pioneers to starve. Dumpster-diving, however, is pretty damn close in my book.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I saw it so many times I cringe thinking about it. It seemed there was some twisted honor in finding the most menial job and so many families in my former cong. were on some form of public assistance. They saw it as siphoning money from satans government to further the ministry.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I recall a couple in their 50's deciding to sell everything they had and go into the pioneer work because of the 1975 prediction.

They were getting close to retirement, but he quit his job, they sold their home, and entered the full-time preaching work. I

don't know what finally happened to them, but when I brought it up to my fanatical JW sister, she said she didn't know either but

"I'm sure Jehovah took care of them." Idiots...all of them! The blind leading the blind! False prophets and false teachings!

More and more, I'm beginning to just think the r&f are suckers. I try not to judge people, but the information is out there and

there is just no excuse to allow yourself to be led blindly.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Discernible fractured lives, all based on contrived lies and deception, shameful is it not, yet the apathy continues as well as the incoming money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit