What's your favourite line out of a song?

by lfcviking 123 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I muttered somthing under my breath

she studied the smile on my face

da da daaaaad ddaaaaaaaa da da?

when she bent down to tie the laces of my shooooooes

oh tangled up in bluuuuuueee

oompa..bd

• wings
    wings

oompa,

dadadada......I admit she made me feel a little uneasy when she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe...

been listening to Bob today

• oompa
    oompa

Thanks wings, I play a little guitar and forgot that line. That is one long song by the way. It talks about Montigue street which is just a couple of blocks from Brooklyn Bethel, great food there too.

Another Fav Line

Wookin puh nub in aww da wong pwaces

Wookin puh nub in tooo many paces

Wookin pu nub

Wookin pu nub

oompa....buhweet

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Gaudete, gaudete! Christus est natus
    Ex Maria virgine, gaudete!

Tempus adest gratiae
    Hoc quod optabamus,
    Carmina laetitiae
    Devote reddamus.

Deus homo factus est
    Natura mirante,
    Mundus renovatus est
    A Christo regnante.

Ezechielis porta
    Clausa pertransitur,
    Unde lux est orta
    Salus invenitur.

Ergo nostra cantio,
    Psallat iam in lustro;
    Benedicat Domino:
    Salus Regi nostro.

• wings
    wings

Hey mister tambornrine man....

though you might hear laughing spinning sadly across the sun, it is not aimed at anyone, it is just escaping on the run, and but for the sky there are no fences facing, and if you hear vague traces of rhyme, a tamborine in time, it's just a ragged clown behind, I wouldn't pay it any mind, it's just a shadow you see that he's chasing,

take me dissappearing through the smoke rings of my mind, down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves, the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach, far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow. Yes to dance to beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow....

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Amanda Marshall......

"the gospel according to Johnny Walker Red"

Been there, done that.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Ok here it is-:Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman). Artist Joe Tex. Went on the charts April 23, 1977 . Reached number 12, and stayed on the charts for 12 weeks.

Joe Tex born as Joseph Arrington Jr. on Aug. 8, 1933 in Rogers Texas, died on August 8,1982. Converted to the Muslim faith and changed his name to Joseph Hazziez in July 1972.

Interesting.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ah, stilla just reminded me of the Carmina Burana, I've got lots of favorite lines from that...just off the top of my head:

Oh oh oh, totus floreo, iam amore virginali, totus ardeo, novus novus novus amor est, quo perio quo perio quo perio!!

Circa mea pectora, multa sunt suspiria... ut eius virginera resurrasum vincula!

Ecce gratum, et optatum, umm forgot what comes next, but I like it a lot...

Of course:

Sors salutis, et virtutis, michi nunc contraria, est affectus, et defectus, semper in angaria, hac in hora, sine mora, cordum pulsum tangite, quod per sortem, sternit fortem, mecum omnes plangite!!!"

Sorry if I've mispelled some of these. :)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not bad Leo - Latin was compulsory at my school - I still wake up at night doing 3rd Declension masculine

Dux, Dux, Ducem, Ducis, Duci, Duce,

Duces, Duces, Duces, Ducorum, Ducis, Ducis

edited because I put in an extra between the genitive and dative singular

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh, I remember the part I really like: "Simus iussu Cypridis, gloriantes et ledantes, pares esse Paridis". I like how it sounds, it trips off the tongue really nicely with all the sss's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit