What's your favourite line out of a song?

by lfcviking 123 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Gliddy glub gloopy Nibby nabby noopy La la la lo lo Sabba sibby sabba Nooby abba nabba Le le lo lo Tooby ooby walla Nooby abba naba Early morning singing song

• erynw
    erynw
    OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DOO
    I'VE GOT A PERFECT PUZZLE FOR YOU
    OOMPA LOOMPA, DOOMPADAH DEE
    IF YOU ARE WISE YOU'LL LISTEN ME
    WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU GUZZLE DOWN SWEETS
    EATING AS MUCH AS AN ELEPHANT EATS
    WHAT ARE YOU AT GETTING TERRIBLY FAT
    WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL COME OF THAT
    I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF IT
    OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DAH
    IF YOU'RE NOT GREEDY YOU WILL GO FAR
    YOU WILL LIVE IN HAPPINESS TOO
    LIKE THE OOMPA LOOMPA DOOMPADEE DO
    DOOMPADEE DOO

• oompa
    oompa

Rock in on over.

Move over lil dog,

the big ol dog

is moving in.

oompa---G.T.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

No one makes the rules you see
    You are in charge of destiny

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm just a Cheeseburger in Paradise

• oompa
    oompa

Aint if foggy outside

All the planes have been

Grounded.

oompa

• calico
    calico

I told you

That we could fly

'Cause we all have wings

But some of us don't know why

INXS--Never Tear Us Apart

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Good times and riches and son of a bitches
    Ive seen more than I can recall

Skeeter

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

A few I like:

"Every ten year-old enemy soldier thinks falling bombs are shooting stars sometimes, but she doesn't make wishes on them ... Our falling bombs are her shooting stars" -- Metric, "I.O.U."

"You clamber up and look behind, their watchful eyes, the helping hands. A hen that's fierce and painted blue, with red eyes wants to swallow you ... The paintbox tunes and wild balloons, their watchful eyes -- you start to swoon. Oh painted vile in lurid hue, the snarling horse that waits for you. Its motor whirrs and colours curl, inside your head the monsters whirl" -- Siouxsie and the Banshees, "Carousel"

"Thanks all the same but I cannot bring myself to answer your letters. It's not your fault but your honesty touches me like a fire. The polaroids that keep us together will surely fade away, like the love that we spoke of forever, on St. Swithin's Day" -- Dubstar, "St. Swithin's Day"

"My sex is often solo, sometimes it short circuits then, sometimes it's a golden glow. My sex is invested in suburban photographs, skyscraper shadows on a carcrash overpass... My sex is a spark of electro flesh, leased from the tick of time, and geared for synchromesh" -- Ultravox, "My Sex"

"I came to cut you up, I came to knock you down, I came around to tear your little world apart, I came to shut you up, I came to suck you down, I came around to tear your little world apart , and break your soul apart" -- Garbage, "Vow"

"Dream the same thing every night, I see our freedom in my sight. No locked doors, no windows barred, no things to make my brain seem scarred. Sleep my friend and you will see, the dream is my reality. They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says rage" -- Metallica, "Welcome Home"

"Are we all brides to be? Are we all designed to be confined, buy ourselves chastity belts and lock them, organize our lives and lose the key. Our faces all resemble dying roses from trying to fix it, when instead we should break it. We've got to break it before it breaks us" -- Metric, "Patriarch on a Vespa"

"Can you see? See into the back of a long black car, pulling away from the funeral of flowers, with my hand between your legs" -- Siouxsie and the Banshees, "Melt!"

"Just a swimmer growing dimmer in the glimmer of a summer, waving gladly, swimming madly, never never going under" -- Ultravox, "Dislocation"

"I bought you mail order, my plain wrapper baby. Your skin is like vinyl, the perfect companion. You float my new pool, deluxe and delightful, inflatable doll. My role is to serve you, disposable darling. Can't throw you away now, immortal and life size. My breath is inside you, I'll dress you up daily, and keep you till death sighs. Inflatable doll, lover ungrateful. I blew up your body, but you blew my mind" -- Roxy Music, "In Every Dream Home a Heart Ache".

• oompa
    oompa

Yes I too am a Parrothead too, but not with this

There's a tear in my bear

and I know why it's here

You were on my lonely mind.

oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit