bookworm?

by John Doe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I'm trying to read Tolkien again, hopefully this time I'll be able to make it through all three Lord of the Rings books. The Hobbit was good, but the last time I tried reading the trilogy I just couldn't finish it. I defeat you yet Tolkien! *shakes fist*

• compound complex
    compound complex

-------------- YES! -------------

Hey John:

I've just begun THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, having completed the previous four HP stories in a matter of days, each book. I didn't "know" Harry Potter till I housesat for a friend and found all the books and films there. She kindly lent them to me.

P.D. James mystery/crime novels are among my faves:

ORIGINAL SIN
    THE MURDER ROOM
    MURDER IN HOLY ORDERS

Other recent reads:

THE INVENTION OF HUGO CABRET,
    ----- Brian Selznick
    THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES,
    ----- Sue Monk Kidd
    AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF IDEAS,
    ----- Karl With
    LOST HORIZON,
    ----- James Hilton

No KH-related activities plus no TV viewing plus part-time work is the ticket in my particular case. My imagination - influenced and colored by what I read - conjures up vivid fantasies and gives enjoyment far beyond what I have ever seen on screen.

Well - usually!

Thank you,

CoCo

• lola28
    lola28

John Doe,

I'm up to about three books a week, which I think makes me abnormal. I think there was a recent study that says Americans read less and less each year, I think it said that most read less than 3 books a year. How sad is that?

Lola

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have loved to read all my life. If I start a book, I don't quit until my eyes start hurting. Usually I can finish a book in one to two days, tops.3. That means everything else comes to a stop around here. I get so involved I just can't put the book down. I just re-read Crises of Conscious, and Christian Freedom.

Before those 2: Water for Elephants and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Both excellent reads.

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Reading is an excellent escape from reality.

• lola28
    lola28

In my opinion better than any movie could ever be.

Lola

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    THE SECRET LIFE OF BEE

There's a book about me!!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit