bookworm?

by John Doe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Well, if you grew up reading only WB&TS lit, I can understand how you might have felt that way, heh heh!

• changeling
    changeling

I read, on average, a book per week.

Just finished Henry James': "The Turn of the Screw", a short novella but a hard read due to his overly long sentences and obscure patterns of speech.

I'm currently reading"The Pact", by Jodi Picoult.

Your reading list sounds like my son's.

changeling

• snowbird
    snowbird

Your reading list sounds like my son's.

changeling

teehee

Sylvia

• changeling
    changeling

Sylvia, John: I was not poking fun. My son is 18 and in college. He loves all sorts of literature, including Harry Potter, which in my opinion is fun, imaginative and well writen.

I think the reason I like JD is because some of his ramblings remind me of my son. I certainly can't see any other reason. Some people only a mother can love. LOL

changeling

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I think the reason I like JD is because some of his ramblings remind me of my son

He reminds me of someone I knew a long time ago, far, far away.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

You all like me for my body. Admit it. ;-)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I'll second Marley and Me.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

John Doe

Had you read Crisis of Con before? What did you think of it. Still trying to get my hands on a copy.

• serendipity
    serendipity

On my summer vacation I read The Caliph's House, Tender to the Bone and Confederacy of Dunces - which was HILARIOUS!!!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Had you read Crisis of Con before? What did you think of it. Still trying to get my hands on a copy.

No, I hadn't read it before. It was interesting, but I think it will only be interesting for someone with a lot of experience with the witnesses. He writes like a watchtower writer, and it's a bit weird hearing that kind of writing refuting so many of their teachings.

I didn't buy the book--just got my local library to interlibrary loan it. There was $1.00 processing charge. If you are a student, you can probably get your university to interlibrary loan it for free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit