What's wrong with JW's in a nutshell.

by JeffT 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy
    Don't nuts belong in a nut shell ?

Well I for one was in that shell.but then I got cracked open, "Crises of Conscience"Comments From the Friends" Jean Easons book " A Jehovah Witness Finds the Truth" Bill Cetnars "Questions For Jehovahs Witnesses Who love the Truth" All people that had also been in the shell too. Helped me to know I was a nut...For all those that have written about their experience being in the nutshell I am eternally greatful because otherwise I would have been out knocking on doors today asking people to become a nut also.....

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good comment Mr. Green

Maybe it's because they are trying to live in accordance with 2000 year old social morals and ideologies. The world has changed dramatically since that time.

It operates it self too much like a business

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi JeffT,

You wrote:

Witnesses have no conscious contact with God. They do not seek him out, go into a guide place to seek His guidence. Everything they have comes from other men. Read your Watchtower, study your books, if you're really stuck call the service desk. Where's God? They don't know him or even look for him.

Yes, relationship with God is only by WT acceptance and explanation. Eliminates necessity of free will or personal relationship.

Nice to see through the cracks.

ESTEE

• greendawn
    greendawn

They explicitly stated that the non anointed that is virtually all dubs can only benefit from the New Covenant through the so called anointed. They can't have the adoption as sons by God through Christ.

This is cultic nonsense, one can only benefit by being direct part of it those that expect to benefit indirecly through the "anointed" will wait in vain for ever. In this way the "anointed" do put themselves as an obstacle between God and and the believer.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

It consist of one big word "organization" you basically worship organizatioin" more than god, they say they have to be organized well no kidding Sherlock, but you don't have to inject it into the baptism talk along with the Holly Spirit and Jehovah God. And of couse add to that all of Ruthorford's delightful rules that he taught was from god him self. Take away these two things and you got basicly the modern day Bible Students".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit