Comments You Will Not Hear at the Watchtower Study (Justice)

by WT Comments 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

If God destroys this generation or any other He is going against his word because all people and Angels are looking on.They will say you have to give them a chance that is per WBTS/GB.

Bob

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

If, Jehovah is really doing things his way, the way as you discribe, and he really is a big powerful god, I don't think you have to much to say if truth be known; because compared to Jehovah you are not much more than a Protozone in the full scheme of things.

• Watkins
    Watkins

You pointed out the lack of introduction for this article & that is strange as they always have an introduction... Ironically however, your own introductory paragraph includes a dictionary definition that says don't use dry, uninteresting material such as dictionary definitions --- ROFL!

One thing I learned after researching a while --- the Witnesses' 'Jehovah' is not the loving Father & God of Jesus Christ, the promised Messiah. I don't know who that OT god is, but he's not the One his Son reflected at all. Their 'Jehovah' is malevolent, violent, demanding, punishing, & he wants sacrifices & to be obeyed out of fear. Jesus' heavenly Father is kind, patient, forgiving, values mercy above sacrifice, & wants to be loved & followed --- the true God is defined as unadulterated love. When I read about God as described by Jesus and the NT writers - I want to believe it & I do - clear to my bones I trust the true God whom Jesus revealed in himself. I can't help but think JW's are taught to glorify a different god......

Another thing I learned, is that you can't begin to understand God as truly loving without Jesus, & the wts, for the most part, are without him & seem dedicated to keeping him as far out of reach as possible. Their studies dwell on OT characters & in understanding the OT culture and history. When a perfectly good and positive NT example exists, they will always choose an OT example. They're stuck in the laws & punishments of ancient Israel, from which belief in the Messiah frees us! We are to be Christ's witnesses. I can't help but think JW's are taught to preach a different 'good news'......

Please don't any of you let the wtbts' ignorance and condemned doctrines continue to blind you to the big picture - nothing the wts has ever done or said even shows up in the big picture. It's something worth forgetting as fast as we can manage.

Try to see the loving Father in His creation --- it's all around us if we want to see.

Watkins

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ok I know that it is Tuesday of the next week, but this WT article had some definite mileage in it ..note how they define injustice in par 1

"Injustice involves being unfair, prejudiced, bad, inflicting undeserved harm on others."

Then we are referred to Romans 9:14 "Is there injustice with God? Never may that become so!" ..So we conclude that God will never bring undeserved harm on others - so far so good.

Q12) (a) What is Jehovah's purpose concerning wickedness and injustice? (b) How do you feel about that solution to the problem of injustice?

12) For a certainty, it is Jehovah's purpose to eliminate wickedness and its accompanying injustices from this earth in his own due time. That is something of which even loyal Christians should remind themselves regularly. Jehovah is going to remove those who go contrary to his will, and he will reward those who live in harmony with it. "His own eyes behold, his own beaming eyes examine the sons of men. Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates. He will rain down upon the wicked ones traps, fire and sulphur and a scorching wind ... For Jehovah is righteous; he does love righteous acts."-Psalm 11:4-7."

So those "contrary to his will" ie non J W's will suffer the "traps, fire sulphur and a scorching wind"..that the number of Witnesses in the world means that by their own admission they will never give everybody even a cursory Witnessing, So the people die horribly in their ignorance , men women and children, much loved babies, adolescents who have not yet had their charecter formed - they all suffer the scorching heat of Gods anger. Why? because they were born at the wrong time and suffered the judgement of the Almighty..

Is this the God with whom there is no injustice? Only a blind mind would buy that ..as blind as mine once was.

I was at the K H study last Sunday. I particularly looked for the reaction of the congregation to that paragraph. They were dead from the neck up. The question was asked with no emphasis or feeling . A silence lasted several seconds . A little girl was called upon to answer and she read out the lines from the WT. A couple of adults added comments with no feeling at all. They calmly talk of the extermination of billions of people without caring one little bit. How did they "feel about it "? bored stiff apparently !

BTW, am I alone in thinking that this is the first time the 6.7 million publishers has been referred to as "nearly seven million"? - stretching it a bit aren't they? The answer from the audience said "Over seven million", he was not corrected..

• Watkins
    Watkins

Blues Brother - I haven't been to a meeting for 6 years. I'm asking with hope --- did you get the slightest hint from ANYone that they might be getting a clue about ANYthing?

Had a vist from some elders a while back that made me wonder. One of them, I swear, was speaking from something he'd memorized and prolly said "Faithful And Discreet Slave" and "obedience" 50 times, usually in the same sentence. Totally assimilated! The other was more thoughtful, but had no answers to my deep(HAHA) questions. I thought I saw a glimmer of something in his eyes that might've been a question mark, unspoken. It gave me some hope. There are some extraordinary people at my old hall, and my hope for all of them is that they escape alive.

There was a long period of time that I was reluctant to label the WTS a cult - but why else would they be so, as you said, "dead from the neck up"? The fact that people at your study read and answered with no feelings or emotions means that they're on 'auto-pilot', disconnected from the words. [the Armageddon'sGonnaGetYa doctrine is one that might cause the most dissonance. I know I wasn't the only one that didn't ever really believe that one, even though I was told by a 'householder' that he'd never heard a JW besides me say that God won't destroy everyone other than JW's. hmmm. But anyway - they go back and forth on this one so much it has to break your mind at some point. They DO teach it, but when asked by a non-JW, they DENY they ever "really said that" or "no, no, we really don't believe that". Maybe it's spiritual warfare --- another huge pinnacle in that mountain range of dissonance, impo.]

The unraveling of the WT web begins, imo, with that dissonance, so maybe there's hope for the opiated, dominated masses?

Please tell me --- what do you personally see and feel at the meetings about this? Gimme some hope, man.

watkins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit