The official JW site is a joke!

by cultswatter 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Last updated in 2003 !!

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=growth.htm

Furthermore I can't find the 2006 service report on that site - it was there a month ago!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Since the site isn't updated, there is no need for JW's to go to anything JW-related on
    the evil internet. Many are going to the net, surfing, googling, but going to watchtower.com
    would give them cause to google the "facts" they read.

That, and there is no money in giving it away free. At least with the hardcopies, there is
    a chance they can get donations or guilt the jdubs into covering the literature they place.
    Who's going to send money after the read the "truth" on the internet?

• JK666
    JK666

They have made some revisions. Someone on JWD posted that the site still had information on it that the end of the system would be before the end of the 20th century. It was promptly changed, showing that the boys in Brooklyn monitor this site.

JK

• Roddy
    Roddy

Since the site isn't updated, there is no need for JW's to go to anything JW-related on
    the evil internet. Many are going to the net, surfing, googling, but going to watchtower.com
    would give them cause to google the "facts" they read.

That, and there is no money in giving it away free. At least with the hardcopies, there is
    a chance they can get donations or guilt the jdubs into covering the literature they place.
    Who's going to send money after the read the "truth" on the internet?

I have a feeling that with the cost of printing being what it is they will start to look for viable electronic alternatives.

They got the rank and file working as a free postal service. They have reduced the Awake to a monthly. More "simplification" for the Watchtower. Very little hard cover books now. And the list goes on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer online subscriptions for the magainzes where you can read online using your internet browser. For a modest annual donation, of course. LOL

It would save trees. Whether anything they publish would save lives is open to debate.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Watchtower.org site is almost as bad. Every time I check there for articles I can tear apart, I find the same ones recirculated. The majority of them are about getting people to pioneer despite having [your disease]. People have pioneered with every conceivable hardship. They always use that as the way to deal with every condition. And the "science"? That is pure crap "science". They lambaste worldly scientists for altering results (and indeed many of them do, because they are working for companies that want the results to favor them). But the Watchtower Society is just as guilty of it, if not worse.

That has got to be the wimpiest site on the whole Internet. They shuffle things around every week, but it is all the same. And you have to be careful around that "Would You Like a Bible Study" button, since I do not trust them to not put a cookie on your computer that will assist them in locating your home address (the same way the Feds can locate people abusing P2P file swappers: they track your physical location as where the files, in this case the cookie, is going). From there, they automatically generate a letter, and Brother Hounder will show up at your door. They will take that for a commitment for a Bible study through baptism--I DO NOT TRUST THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY, AND ALL THE WORSE THE MORE DESPERATE THEY ARE FOR NEW MEMBERS!

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Yeah it is a joke, you can send them a email but its all one way their way, as always. Check out the Bible Student web sites with them you can always send them email to ask questions.

http://www.chicagobible.org/

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, as far as the Watchtower.org site is concerned, it seems they may have finally gotten around to getting rid of the article promoting the 1914 Generation teaching:

http://www.watchtower.org/library/pr/article_07.htm

• Black Sheep
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Is this the one you mean Leo?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/lmn/article_11.htm

Would you like to live in Paradise? If your answer is 'Yes,' you will be thrilled to know that when Jesus spoke of today's troubled system and "the sign" of its approaching destruction, he added, "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." Some, at least, of the generation that saw the "beginning of pangs of distress" in 1914 will live to see Paradise restored on earth. ( Matthew 24:3-8 , 34 ) However, it is a sad fact that most people today are on the broad road that leads to destruction. ( Matthew 7:13, 14 ) There is little time left for them to change. How thankful you can be that Jehovah has provided warning in time! Because Jehovah wants you to have life, he will help you to take the right steps.— 2 Peter 3:9 ; Ezekiel 18:23 .
  • fokyc
    fokyc

My wifes PO says that watchtower.org and jw-media.org are both apostate sites and she shouldn't be allowing me to visit them.

I gave the elders in her cong a printout of the article about Child Abuse and how they should deal with it (from jw.media)

they said it was totally out of date; so why don't they remove it then?

Perhaps the technical bros can't do it!

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit