Let it begin....

by snare&racket 15 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

About time....

"Teachers, councillors and social workers in England and Wales who fail to protect children could face up to five years in jail under new proposals.

The new measures, being unveiled by the prime minister, would see the crime of "wilful neglect" extended to cover children's social care and education.

There would also be unlimited fines for individuals and organisations shown to have let children down."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31691061

When they so cleverly predicted to us all that the world would turn against them, something that has not happened despite over a 100 years of taunting power and opposing religious figures, now it is likely to begin, they failed to mention that it would be due to rampant paedophilia in 'gods earthly organisation'.What a wholesome enviroment to grow up in and raise a child.

We have heard it said many times here that the JW's won't last as they are so entrenched in trends, so opposite to modern human progress, culture and society, they stand out as more extremist and inhumane by the year, mocked regularly in the media now. But this will be its nail in the coffin lid I am sure the neglect of children.

Too many children have been abused for them to recant the two witness rule and that rule makes for huge opportunity for child abuse in the organisation. It's so rampant because it is so opportunistic, they don't report the illegal activity and it is ignored without a confession or more than two witnesses. Now that IS neglect of the protection of children.

After all the moral crimes they have collated in their hands, they deserve the reputation they are promptly developing, evident by the immediate results that present when googling the organisations name.

Let it begin...

snare

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Wuhoo! I heard this on the news this morning. I thought it was aimed at social work organisations and the like but if it swept up WT Inc., wowsers. Who would be an elder in the UK?

• bemused
    bemused

I can't work out if the proposed new law only applies to state officials and organizations or if it applies to religions as well. I think it's the former but at the very least the courts would be influenced by this legislation when considering accusations that religious practices covered up abuse.

I assume the law won't be retrospective, so the WT has time to get its house in order, but whether they will or not is another matter. If you create a culture where all external criticism is claimed to be lies then why should you change?

All I can say is that in the future any elder in the UK who receives a report of alleged child abuse would be crazy not to go immediately to the police.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Just read this...this could be huge against the WT...
  • galaxie
    galaxie

The legislators in the uk must be held to account by the democratic will of the people to whom they are bound to provide justice and security.

If they do not include religious organisations in the latest proposal they will be failing in their duty of legal protection for the innocent and conviction of the guilty.....Who would disagree.

Religious or organisational rules which conflict with the democratic law of the land inc' sharia should be exposed and dealt with severely.

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

"willful neglect" extended to cover children's social care and education

I hope this law covers denying children tertiary education.

• zeb
    zeb
    Phew!
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Thanks snare, this is big news.

Does anyone agree with me, that the timing of this news release is pretty bad for the org?

In the last 2 days there have been 3 articles published on Jehovahs Witnesses child abuse cover-ups, and between the roughly 800,000 circulation of the Sunday Times, and however many read The Guardian and Examiner.com , potentially hundreds of thousands of people have read about the organisations failure to protect children in the last two days..

Then maybe they hear this in the news and start talking...

(For anyone who missed the articles, see here for links to all of them):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/136270003/another-article-jehovahs-witnesses-silencing-techniques-used-child-sex-abuses-cases

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I think the timing is bad for the Borg. Even if JWs refuse to read those newspapers the public will challenge them about it at their literature trolleys and at the door, especially with the memorial campaign meaning more d2d work.

Coming in the wake of the Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter etc etc stories it is bad timing indeed. However I am jumping up and down with glee!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Snare&Racket - "When they so cleverly predicted to us all that the world would turn against them...they failed to mention that it would be due to rampant paedophilia in 'gods earthly organisation'."

The longer this century stubbornly continues to exist, the harder a time the WTS will have existing in it...

...not so much because their apocalyptic expectations have failed, but more so because (JW-dot-org and JWTV notwithstanding) they're simply too poorly adapted to the fast-paced, information-saturated, transparency-craving environment of the modern age.

x

When I'm in conspiracy-theory mode, I can't help but wonder if the WT reps who craft doctrine/policy - knowing that fact - have, in quiet but steadily growing desperation, deliberately steered the Org away from the kind of progressive reform necessary for survival in the new environment... and instead deliberately directed it towards increasingly unhinged, extremist, and antisocial behavior in the hopes of provoking that long-ago-predicted attack....

...thus compelling Jehovah to step in and bail them out with the Great Tribulation (remember, virtually all the anecdotal evidence we have indicates that the WT leadership is comprised of full-on True Believers).

Plausible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit