My JW Experience

by V1710 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• V1710
    V1710

All the welcome's and comments are appreciated. Isn't unconditional love great?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for sharing your story with us. So glad that you have a happy family life now.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for sharing!

And yes, unconditional love it wonderful!

• fresia
    fresia

Hi and thank you for sharing you're story, I do understand about being in bought up in institutions, then coming into the org without any sort of family or concern from others, the elders are control freaks, and they get their orders from the top, some that do have that loving brotherly love don't last long as elders these days, either their conscience gets to them or the other elders put preasure on them and they step down some leave. The ones that remain elders I believe over time either just stay for the position and play the game and the others love it and become tyrants, they get more controlling as new rules come down from the top, I believe their biggest kicks come from getting any dirt on the b/s, they play policman and politics with the brothers, I think the whole arrangement unchristian and in some cases criminal.

I hope you have a much secure and happier life. All the best and welcome to forum.

• V1710
    V1710

fresia,

you named the elder game perfectly. it was akin to the heirarchy of caretakers in the institution. no one with any heart could stay very long. i think that's what drew me to the organization in the first place, it felt like "home" I remember visiting Bethel and thought I could fit in very well there. I 'm grateful I've found myself and enjoy being a very relaxed person without too much structure in my life. It's not who I am.

• fresia
    fresia

V1710... I completely understand, when we first came into the org, it was structured in a way that was controlling and army like, and to us we never really got out of that mental frame, so coming in being told what to do in a way pleased us, as it was difficult making decisions as they were always made for us by the control freaks within the institutions.

After awhile when I realised I could actually think for myself, I became very confused and my faith was starting to crack, bit by bit. I left a few times, and when I came back I could actually see it for what it was. Stunted by mental growth because of lack of education and no free will within in the institutions took a long time for me to see the reality.

Though I still believe in the doctrines and aspects of the preaching work, it is the structure and unloving arrangement of the org and its RULERS (1cor 4:8) that helped me get the strength to find out more about the organization, though careful of what I do read because I have become a free thinker, I can pick throught the bull and the truth, so one things for sure, the org has become corrupt.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, and thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad your faith in Jesus is still strong. So is mine.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit