Do You Feel Dysfunctional

by freyd 18 Replies latest social relationships

• freyd
    freyd

Did jw's make you that way, or did you just fit in? And did they give you purpose?

• eclipse
    eclipse

I believe your query has no replies because you are insinuating and assuming that we are all dysfunctional,

instead of just leaving the question open-ended.

IMHO, it is an insulting question.

Here is an example of a question that might give you the answers you seek, but leaves the person replying able to keep their dignity intact.

Do you sometimes feel dysfunctional in relationships, if so, do you think it was due to being a JW?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Nope I don't. I did as a witless, since leaving I feel fully functional with a clarity of mind and spirit I never attained as a dub. I am very well adjusted thanks. And if you don't agree with me, I will come to your house with a baseball bat and mess you up!!!!! jk of course.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yes, but not as bad as I used to be - and I've never been a JW.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Ah, maybe...I don't know...ah....I guess so. Not sure what to reply here... I mean, what does my opinion matter?....I can't seem to get the energy up to think about this...maybe I'll just grab the chips and wander back to the couch...is Dr. Phil still on?....Time for my meds....

S4

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ah, maybe...I don't know...ah....I guess so. Not sure what to reply here... I mean, what does my opinion matter?....I can't seem to get the energy up to think about this...maybe I'll just grab the chips and wander back to the couch...is Dr. Phil still on?....Time for my meds....

S4

LMAO!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Pre-programmed for dysfuntion. Becoming JW only quickened the situation. The religion pulls a certain type of indy to its core. Like the tractor beam of the USS Enterprise, Trekie Talk for those of you, not of the Baby Boomer generation. I was dysfuntional long before JW organisation, but after over 20 years of terror and fear that the worst was yet to come, and it still is, just not on JW timetables, I have become, comfortably numb. The world will go on without me, anyway, but I still hold the hope that this life is NOT all there is.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    tractor beam of the USS Enterprise, Trekie Talk for those of you, not of the Baby Boomer generation

Hey, wait a second there, I am not a baby boomer and I know Trekie Talk!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I became dysfunctional as a JW due to not having a proper social or sexual life (being unmarried), also there was no intellectual or cultural ambience. Under these conditions anyone would become dysfunctional and that's why I left the dubs, to return to a normal mode of life.

All they knew was the spiritual side of things and even there they were very inept.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Hey, wait a second there, I am not a baby boomer and I know Trekie Talk!

Well Sweetstuff, I guess you could say you are

a. certainly ahead of the curve

or

b. Old Before Your Time.

I'll pick a. for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit