Springfield Massachusetts Thread!

by Sunspot 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I live in upstate NY NOW....but I was born and rased in MA until 1974. I became a JW in 1972 when I lived in Springfield and I knew several JWs from nearby congregations. Is anyone here from the Springfield (South Unit) or anywhere around that area that I might know?

• changeling
    changeling

This thread should read: "Sunspot over Springfield" LOL

changeling

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

Maybe this gentleman from Springfield could help you?

alt

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I used to hang out with Scott Weaver in Spring field when I was at the farm. I stayed with him for the convention once and we remained friends long after I left Bethel, but eventually we lost touch. He was a radical dude. He was offered scholarships fro basketball or football or both I can't remember but turned them down when he was converted to be a JW. I have had a lot of good times in Springfield. My roommate at Bethel, Phillip Hernandez Married a girl from Springfield and lives there still with his wife and at least one kid. Springfield rocks. Good times. Phillip goes to a Spanish hall.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Sorry, Lloyd, that gentleman is from Springfield, VERMONT, and I got to meet him and the entire film crew when The Simpson's Movie premiered there a couple of months ago! Awesome! I can send pics for proof.

We used to have our DC for years at the Springfield, MA Civic Center, and I gave talks at them from about 1977 until we switched to Amherst, MA sometime in the 1980s.

Knew quite a few elders down that way due to the conventions. Do you remember any names?

S4

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Knew quite a few elders down that way due to the conventions. Do you remember any names?

I was in the WTS before they built the Assembly Hall in Natick, and I lived a ten-mintue walk away from the Civic Center before the Conventions were held there! When I moved up here....I used to travel back down to Spfld for the Conventions, almost where I lived,LOL!

I remember Miller, Hurd, Overbeck, Booth, Nader, and Bass right offhand. It HAS been a while, haha!

• FlipThis
  • FlipThis
    FlipThis

I was baptized in Springfield once.

what a mistake.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Got any first names to go with that list? I know how hard it can be to remember folks you haven't seen in years, trust me!

Nearly all those last names sound familiar.

S4

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I was baptized in Springfield once.

Wow! You were baptized MORE than once?

I'LL SAY that was a mistake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit