Did You Purposely Avoid Certain People In Your Hall???

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I tried to avoid Para cause he was such a bad influence on me. Just look what happened since then.

Bobbi

• minimus
    minimus

Changeling, I'm not avoiding you.

• undercover
    undercover

I like this question...because when I really got to thinking about it, I realized that I avoided more people than not. At first, the weird people come to mind as people I avoided...and hardass elders.

But as I got to thinking about it, I realized that out of a congregation of over a hundred people, there were only 10 or so that I would willingly spend any time with and actually look forward to associating with. Everyone else I tended to avoid any real contact with. I felt like I didn't have anything in common with them, outside of being a JW. And many of them seemed to be obnoxious JWs, trying to force religion on everbody, when I was more about not wearing my religion on my sleeve.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There were several. Like someone mentioned b4, those with horrible breath, The arrogant who would always look down at me and speak at me, the gossipers looking for new material.

There was one couple who smelled something awful. It seems like the concept of soap, water, and a toothbrush were not in their vocabulary. They could sneak up behind me and sit and I would know it immediatly.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

as an elder I was supposed to be Shepherd of the FLOCK - so no I never tried to avoid anyone

• flipper
    flipper

I just avoided only a few over the years. Generally I avoided people who liked to be aggressive, disrespectful, or abrasive as I don't like confrontation. Really enjoy peace and promoting it. Don't like being around turd stirrers

• minimus
    minimus

I rarely associated with the congregation. Most of my friends were "worldly".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit