Why Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Are At A Standstill?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

They are waiting for some kind of "calamity" to try to gain momentum.

And also ISLAM seems to bug people more than JW's these days, so this must get them angry....

• Honesty
    Honesty

Their demon god is not happy that the Watchtower Society was stupid enough to be outed on...

The UN/NGO affiliation

RAND/REGI US stock - You know the engine company that is at the forefront of unmanned drone vehicle propulsion systems US NAVY, etc.

Phillip Morris Tobacco Company stock

Signed agreements with Bulgaria and the ECHR

Mult-million $ settlement with victims of sexual abuse within the ranks of the JW's

The Watchtower's Writing Department - too many obvious screwups that the apostates jumped on before the magazines hit the kingdom halls

Failure to follow instructions on how to be 'messengers of light' for the unwary, uneducated and unskilled that are held captive in the cult

The list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.......

• Ri
    Ri

Because, anyone in their right mind, has no desire to be a JW!

• minimus
    minimus

No LOVE!

• JeffT
    JeffT

In the last two years I've been called on once, and I live in a suburban environment that should be easy to work. I see witnesses doing "street work" that consists of standing next to a building holding up the Watchtower and Awake while they gossip with each other.

I think the WTBS is dead and just hasn't fallen over. It has nothing to offer new people, or even its children, except endless rules and regulations propounded at mind-numbing meetings. Nobody is coming in, the kids want out, and the people my age who thought the world was going to end thirty years ago have to deal with the fact that they gave away their lives with nothing to show for it.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus

No LOVE!

You sound desperate. Have you tried advertising?

HS

• metatron
    metatron

They are still growing, especially in the 3rd world but I continue to see the situation as similar to

Communism: They are running out of money, still growing in poor countries and , above all,

intellectually spent. They avoid debate because they can't defend themselves with any depth or

accuracy.

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Met, you are right about why they avoid debate. Most Witnesses cannot explain the reasons why they believe something other than to say that the FDS makes the lite brighter.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their man driving force was the expectation of paradise earth and immortality according to the wonderful but alas false promises of the FDS. After 1995 those hopes were no longer imminent so they were gutted.

They lost their religious zeal and I think most stay there because to them it is a social kind of club of members that have some spiritual interests in common.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, it is a social club now. That's it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit