Let's Keep The E-Focus on Barbara's CD - Important

by AK - Jeff 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

bluesapphire, i think the purpose in that was to distance the elder from the watchtower headquarters, thereby attempting to protect the headquarters from any legal responsiblity or liability. using the kingdom hall phone would add a link from the elder to the headquarters.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

So, in other words, headquarters wants to "pretend" it doesn't know?

But that doesn't really answer my question of why bother calling at all since no one can prove it was or wasn't done. Why bother calling? Why not just say you did?

• JK666
    JK666

The "blank" card to be filled out is a smoking gun. Too bad Barbara and the courts don't have access to those that are filled out.

JK

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I've been busting at the seams to say something about what I've been reading in this CD, but didn't because I know Barbara's position on this. So thanks Jeff for obtaining permission.

The whole thing about reporting from a phone booth really pissed me off. To me it said, "there is no way to get to the information we have on this "crime", They won't be able to come back and question us regarding this "crime". But the biggest thing it said to me (in my mind of course) is that they were in fact protecting the pedo, if you won't give up any information you have to authorities and you encourage the victim and family to allow Jehovah fix the problem, then the authorities have little if anything to go on!

This is sickening, I've been so disturbed by this since I've been reading these CD's. I wish we could have the CD's on the forum to openly discuss. I would love to be able to get others input while I'm reading (you know I'm getting old, can't remember S&!%!!) and it's fresh in my mind!

nj

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The only potential good that is done with the 'phone booth call' IMO, is that at least the authorities have a name on hand of a potential pedo in the community. Even if they don't know that it was the elders in the congregation that called, a good investigation would likely soon uncover that it might have been them.

It is still a case of too little info though.

Seems as though the best strategy is that the parents make that call immediately. But with brainwashed dubs that is less likely than with others I fear.

Jeff

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I am ignorant of the basis of this thread. I suppose Barbara is preparing to release to the general public some information that is currently on a some CD. Jeff, you quoted from a part of this CD at the top of the thread.

For what it's worth, I respectfully hope that text such as you quoted doesn't get released to the general public. I refer to the first 6 paragraphs which, to this non-legal dummy, is so full of legalese and lawyer talk that it will turn off most common people who could be its target audience.

If I've somehow taken things out of context, please forgive.

Len Miller

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Thanks for this post Jeff.

There has been no mention of this cd in a while and I was concerned all interest was lost. I patiently look forward to all of the plans to come together shortly.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I am ignorant of the basis of this thread. I suppose Barbara is preparing to release to the general public some information that is currently on a some CD. Jeff, you quoted from a part of this CD at the top of the thread.

The CD has been released for a few weeks now. It is called 'Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion - Jehovah's Witnesses in Crisis'.

It is available here; http://www.lulu.com/content/1085239

Basic information about the contents are here; http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/

Yes there is a bit of news regarding this matter that is about to be known - I am unable to comment at the moment as to it's precise nature. All I can say at this point is 'stay tuned'.

Jeff

• Quandary
    Quandary

BTTT

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Okay, why bother reporting it to the authorities from a phone booth at all? I mean if no one knows who is reporting it because it's done anonymously, then why even do it? No one can prove they complied with the law or not.

Bluesapphire, you are so right. I imagine that they were going by some technicality where if two elders verify that the call was made it amounts to minimal notification. But Yes, this to me was the most egregious and disgusting part of their policy. WT often talks about not just following the letter of the law but it's spirit. They clearly don't give a damn about the spirit of the law here. And certainly if two elders were in on a lie, the police could never prove otherwise. But even more importantly what these documents show is what a lie J R Brown said when he claimed that WT is interested in protecting children. They are interested primarily in protecting themselves.

Isaac Carmignani

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit