frustration

by Esmeralda 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Seven,

Thanks for post the second quote. It's a keeper. It's quite something to experience this guide when it "shouts" at you.
    But that's another story for another time.

• Seven
    Seven

MegaDude, I have found many keepers while reading Sogyal Rinpoche.

seven

A K'ang story:

K'ang 14
    As told by Jerry M. Pickard

With the last of his herb garden picked and bundled, K’ang allowed himself to stretch, sigh, and start back toward his dwelling,
    his cat Mahica trailing first behind, then underfoot in the inscrutable way of cats.

“Boy, will you take these herbs and medicines below tomorrow?” A little anguished, the boy nodded. He said to K’ang, “must
    I, Istva?”

“I thought you liked to go to the village and visit and trade, Boy, Am I wrong?”

“Teacher, from you I look at people with different eyes, now. I know they know things, but they bang and clatter in their ways,
    and talk much, but say little. I become confused!”

“Listen to them, boy!” K’ang stood as tall as his bent body would allow, all his years as a grower of plants had hardened his
    hands into twigs and his bones into brittle things, just to be a frame for his age.

“Within them is grace, and compassion, skill, art, and knowledge. Often, though, in their ideas, they seem to think that the way
    to clear muddy water is to stir it, and then peer into it for answers. My way is to let it settle slowly, and do nothing. In both
    ways there are answers.”

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Esmeralda,

yes, it is depressing to see people treat each other like they were still in the Borg. You can take the dub out of the Watchtower, but always, always, there is some of the Watchtower left in the ex-dub. It's human nature to cling to the familiar, to behave in our old dub self. Only by wisdom, and by that I mean becoming more acutely self-aware, do we wake up to how much Watchtower luggage we're really carrying and how awfully heavy it was. And we usually become
    self-aware by realizing we need to change our live because we're too angry and/or feeling too much pain, and it has to stop.

I've dropped much luggage behind me with Watchtower tags on them. It has taken much time, many insiteful books, and much deep thinking; much energy to actually modify ingrained behavior. You know when you're making progress because the bitterness and pain of your Watchtower experience becomes more of a teacher to you than the nightmare you experienced. You become more compassionate, more at peace, and more happier.

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."

M. Scott Peck (The Road Less Traveled)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit