frustration

by Esmeralda 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

I just hate the way that so many people treat eachother, inside the org and out. It bothers me so much, the way many treat eachother in this forum.

I hate all the baggage that we leave the organization with. Does anyone ever really get rid of it all?

Depressing as all hell. I can't stand to see it.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Es,

Old saying: We're a product of our enviroment.

Guess it's true. But many persons seem to overcome a lot of it. I doubt all of it, however.

You've done a good thing for Farkel & Mr/Mrs Max. You most likely would have done it as a jw also (if they were jw's too). It's just who you are.

Take care.

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I gather that you feel it is time for a break?

When all we see is hate and problems amid the beauty, then maybe it is time to get back to the simple things in life.

The terrorist/war crap, the UN scandal, health difficulties, seeing friends fall on hard times all take their toll. Some things we cannot control, but if things from this board weigh on us too heavily we can always take a break and do other things.

Hopefully things will seem brighter for you soon.

Path

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hi Esmeralda,

Well the common view is that we're the interaction of genetics and environmental influences. But even if you think you have some kind of JW genes I really don't think those factors are all there is.

Although we are in a unique situation, there are other people who come from a past that is difficult, whether it is a restrictive religious group or something else. What is encouraging to me is not the fact that people who used to be witnesses get over it, but the fact that people from all different backgrounds do.

I think the key to getting rid of the baggage is to own it, and then to understand it. To me the most valuable form of support is not the type where you all sit around and go "yeap.." like Hank and friends in King of the Hills, because all you have then is a bunch of people who are in the same boat, and if you're a bunch of people who are just going over it over and over again then it most likely will not help you to get over it. What I think is valuable is a conversation like this, where we're supporting each other in looking at these things consciously. I think what's hard isn't really the fact that the baggage is there, it's been there for a while for most. But to really look at it for what it is, that's not a pleasant thing to do. For that matter, if we have our own baggage then looking at other people's on top of that is all the more overwhelming. So as Path said, sometimes it's best to take a break from it all.

• larc
    larc

Essie,

Regarding the recent round of argueing going on here, I think it is good to keep in mind that the majority have been warm, helpful, and sympathetic. It has been a small minority who have been difficult. I think sometimes at the end of the day we tend to remember the small number of nasty posts at the expense of forgetting the many good ones.

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((Essie)))))lil sis,
    I sent you email hun.luv,tina

(in best police voice)
    You have the right to remain stupid. Anthing you write can and will be ignored.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Take a deep breath,it will be ok,don`t let pettiness get you down.

• Seven
    Seven

{{Essie}}

Depressing as all hell. I can't stand to see it.

My dear friend, Listen to that still voice which is you. It has always been there. It used to and still does to some extent disturb me to see the animosity on certain forums. It's a challenge not to become caught up in the negativity which is a complete waste of time and precious energy. I'm not sure we can ever rid ourselves completely of the baggage but I know one thing. When I go offline I "leave the girl here."

Rest and recuperate.
    Love ya,
    Seven

14. Muddy Road
    Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road.
    A heavy rain was still falling.
    Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash,
    unable to cross the intersection.
    "Come on, girl," said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried
    her over the mud.
    Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple.
    Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We monks don't go near females," he told
    Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"
    "I left the girl there," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her?"
    From...Zen Flesh, Zen Bones...(14)...page 18.
    Are you still carrying the girl?

(Quotations from Sogyal Rinpoche)

Two people have been living in you all your life. One is the ego, garrulous, demanding, hysterical,
    calculating; the other is the hidden spiritual being, whose still voice of wisdom you have only rarely
    heard or attended to.

...you have uncovered in yourself your own wise guide. Because he or she knows you through and
    through, since he or she is you, your guide can help you, with increasing clarity and humor,
    negotiate all the difficulties of your thoughts and emotions...

The more often you listen to this wise guide, the more easily you will be able to change your
    negative moods yourself, see through them, and even laugh at them for the absurd dramas and
    ridiculous illusions that they are...

The more you listen, the more guidance you will receive. If you follow the voice of your wise
    guide... and let the ego fall silent, you come to experience that presence of wisdom and joy and
    bliss that you really are.

(p. 120-121)

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Thanks everybody. Seven, that stuff was great, going to print it out :)

I appreciate all your kind remarks. Thanks for reminding me to listen to my own 'voice' amidst all the shouting.

love
    es

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

In Minneapolis / St. Paul, Minnesota

Wents ballroom dancing all the time.
    Went back to college for 2 1/2 years.
    Lived at the museums.
    Lived at Barnes and Noble.
    Went to lots of neat movies.
    Posted name in singles columns.
    Found Christ.
    Went to the Zoo a lot.
    Wrote a novel.
    Hung out at cool and strange resturants.
    Posted pictures and maps all over my walls.
    Subscribed to a foreign newspaper and The Economist.
    Went to great libraries of all sorts.
    Became friends with professional people.
    Studied people in homeless shelters.
    Helped people learn English.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit